Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old May 9, 2019   #1
asaump
Tomatovillian™

Default Burts Farm in FLA. Have I been ripped off?

Wanted to try some of the Rain Science grow bags in my hybrid gutter system. I ordered four of these from Burts Farm in FLA on April 22nd. As of today I have not received the bags and their site says order still unfulfilled. Over the past week I have emailed them twice and called and left a message. No return correspondence. Has anyone done business with this company? Have I thrown away my money?
Old May 9, 2019   #2
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaump View Post
Wanted to try some of the Rain Science grow bags in my hybrid gutter system. I ordered four of these from Burts Farm in FLA on April 22nd. As of today I have not received the bags and their site says order still unfulfilled. Over the past week I have emailed them twice and called and left a message. No return correspondence. Has anyone done business with this company? Have I thrown away my money?
No I haven't.

I have yet to do business with anyone that takes my money before item is shipped with a tracking number.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2019   #3
SteveP
Tomatovillian™

Apparently you aren't the only one. A google search showed 3 reviews and all have the same complaint as you. Looks like a ripoff.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2019   #4
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

How awful. That just sucks. I hope it works out for the good for you. I appreciate the warning, thank you.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2019   #5
PlainJane

Yikes. Hoping it works out.
Old May 9, 2019   #6
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Call your credit card company and have them stop the transaction as you haven't receivedthe product.
Old May 9, 2019   #7
edweather
Tomatovillian™

Definitely dispute the charge with credit card or Paypal or whatever. Website looks a bit sparse. Hard to believe someone would set up a website to scam people out of grow bags.....apparently anything is possible these days.
Old May 10, 2019   #8
zipcode
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
No I haven't.

I have yet to do business with anyone that takes my money before item is shipped with a tracking number.
You never bought anything from the internet?
I've bought many hundreds of times and not once anyone will send anything until they have the money.
Well, lab supplies for work are bought like this actually (paid after being received), but never happened to me as a private person.
zipcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2019   #9
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipcode View Post
You never bought anything from the internet?
I've bought many hundreds of times and not once anyone will send anything until they have the money.
Well, lab supplies for work are bought like this actually (paid after being received), but never happened to me as a private person.
It usually happens simultaneously.
I order they ship next business day or that day and I am charged.
One company says they dont charge till order is shipped.
One place my stuff showed up trashed and stuff missing, I sent an email with pictures.
They had the replacements on the road and another UPS truck to pick my trashed stuff up in two days.
It didn't cost me anything.

So far Penn fishing has been the only ones that were a pain in the rear end.
But they answer the phone.
They lost my order on their computers and gave my money back without me knowing it.

I do order from people that have rather lame archaic looking sites but they have been around for years.
No flashing banners or animated stuff to fly around on the screen.

I went to the site in question and I think there is nothing wrong with them other than lack of staffing and poor business practices.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote