Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating onions, garlic, shallots and leeks.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 14, 2019   #16
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

My first sthought was ant holes, but I didn't see anything active. And potatoes in my 4 X 4 raised beds near my garlic bed don't have any signs of wireworms. Pehoski Purpe was particularly attacked. I'll lay out the box of culled bulbs I was going to use for culinery and post later for reiews.

I thought about this bed when I should have been sleeping. One of those things that comes to you in a groggy state.
It is clay and it stays moist. Of course the small pepper plant squares where I cut the weed fabric and amended with compost are great, but when I cut a square the border area to do a test dig, it was very moist. I barely have to water it during the summer. So only the middle is going to be planted with garlic. It is square about 8 X 8, and I had a walking path down the center which is not rock hard. I can fit maybe 30 bulbs at most there. I have many more bulbs still needing a winter home.

- Lisa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8499.JPG (142.5 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by greenthumbomaha; October 15, 2019 at 02:04 AM.
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote