Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Forum area for discussing hybridizing tomatoes in technical terms and information pertinent to trait/variety specific long-term (1+ years) growout projects.

Old July 13, 2012   #1
Baizanator
Tomatovillian™

Default "Charles Herring" variety recipients...

I mailed out seeds today. You should get them in 4-5 days and maybe a bit longer for you international folks. So far we've got the going from Virginia to Hawai'i and from Wisconsin to South Texas as well as Australia, Germany, Russia and Canada.

Be sure to post in this thread when you receive the seeds. Let me know the condition in which they arrived, etc.
Baizanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13, 2012   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baizanator View Post
I mailed out seeds today. You should get them in 4-5 days and maybe a bit longer for you international folks. So far we've got the going from Virginia to Hawai'i and from Wisconsin to South Texas as well as Australia, Germany, Russia and Canada.

Be sure to post in this thread when you receive the seeds. Let me know the condition in which they arrived, etc.
R, you already posted your offer in the Seed Exchange Forum:

http://tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=23958

So methinks that's a better place for folks to post when they receive seeds since that's where they posted their requests.

Besides, the variety you're offering is fully stable, as you said, so is not something long term that's in development which is what this Forum is all about.

So if you want to post here and redirect seed reponses to your thread in the link above where you offered the seeds I think it would make it much easier for them and also for you so that everything about your variety will be in one place in one thread. If you look at other threads in the Seed Exchange where offers are made you'll also see folks who requested seeds thanking the person who offered them and stating when they got the seeds.

Just trying to be helpful here.
Old January 21, 2013   #3
ScottinAtlanta
Tomatovillian™

I planted four of your seeds on 30 Dec, two have germinated and have been potted up. One is robust, one is puny. I am likely to get one good plant out of it. More as it grows.
ScottinAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21, 2013   #4
Baizanator
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottinAtlanta View Post
I planted four of your seeds on 30 Dec, two have germinated and have been potted up. One is robust, one is puny. I am likely to get one good plant out of it. More as it grows.
Do me a favor and save some seeds if you don't mind. This was my first fermentation seed saving and so I may have messed them up. I had 100% germination but they were extremely slow to do so and that isn't typical.
Baizanator is offline   Reply With Quote