Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

MidWest Tomato Fest™ event information and discussion forum.

Old July 15, 2011   #1
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

Default mid-west tomato fest report

Piegirl: You asked about how things are growing. Most every plant has green tomatoes. None are near ripe, not even the cherries. Now with the heatwave in full bloom, I am not sure when things will turn around. Most of my plants are well over 5 feet, some past 6' and very green and healthy. A couple are still small and spindly. Who knows when there will be a ripe tomato in the garden. Cucumbers have just started, beets are ready, vine crops are vining to kingdom come with a few pumpkins and gourds. Zucchini flowering, green beans are just starting and don't look too good. Peppers are just as behind as tomatoes.
Old July 17, 2011   #2
piegirl
Tomatovillian™ Honoree

Paul - it sounds like you took a walk through my garden! I should have 2 zukes tomorrow and a whopping 3 Sun Sugar cherries. Looks like weeks until something turns - all kinds of green ones. What about the 21st or 28th of August? Piegirl
Old July 19, 2011   #3
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

How do we gauge the year? If things cool off a bit, everything will ripen at once. If it stays hot and humid who knows when things will begin to ripen. You know me, I like it earlier than later.