Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old May 10, 2014   #1
swardson
Tomatovillian™

Default Is this blight?

Spotted it on one plant a week ago and I quarantined it and removed foilage. Now it is on 9 of my sweetie cherry transplants.

These have been hardened off and outside under cover but it has been raining outside and water drips through the vent holes in my cold frames. These look a little anemic, plants with greener foliage show no sign of disease.

I have Daconil and Copper on hand, how should I proceed? I can part with these and I'm more concerned about the rest of my plants getting this disease.

swardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2014   #2
VC Scott
Tomatovillian™

Looks to me like they may have got a bit of sun burn before it rained.
VC Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2014   #3
RayR
Tomatovillian™

There could be more than one thing going on there, in the first picture you have gray spots on the leaves, in the second you have something running along the veins and leaf edges.
A close up photo of the bottom surface of the leaves may be more informative. Also inspect for any insect activity like aphids.

One thing is for sure, cool conditions and high humidity with poor air flow under the cold frame isn't an ideal environment for a tomato plant, but great conditions for any number of fungal and bacterial pathogens. If that's the case get them where it's dry and warmer and spray top and bottom with your copper fungicide and see what happens.
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2014   #4
swardson
Tomatovillian™

Scott I think thats whats on the edges but I think the veins show some other thing as well.

RayR I have sprayed copper fungicide and it is clear and warm for the next week.
swardson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seedlings , tomato fungus , transplants