Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old September 22, 2011   #31
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
What I'm saying is that I was just 72 in June but my brain still functions quite normally on most days, thank you, and I have grown out about 3,000 plus varieties and also wrote a book about heirloom tomatoes, now out of print, but I kept a few here at home and a check for about $500 will get anyone one of those unsullied copies.
Carolyn, your brain functions much better than mine on many occasions
I guess this is why I needed to build the TOMATObase, while you could simply keep all the information in your brain

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22, 2011   #32
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
And some of the pictures as well, like the one from SSE and the one from TT, and, well, I forgot the others.
I totally agree with Carolyn!
Btw, as a customer who buys seeds regularly from many seed vendors, I am weary of any vendor website who is not using their own pictures of the tomatoes that say they grow themselves. It just does not seem genuine to me. Besides, as Carolyn already said, it is illegal to use copyrighted images.

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Old September 22, 2011   #33
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by muck4doo View Post
Again, my 2 cents. I'm very new here. I came here after seeing Carolyn reference this place somewhere else. I trust her. I'm still figuring out everything here, but saw the "Seed and Pant sources" in the welcome as a sure place I had to visit, and give some of my feedback on(not that anyone is asking of course). I've looked up just about all the vendors listed here as possible places to try for 2013. Anyhow, I did see the reviews for your place earlier, and figured I would never buy from your place. What bothered me most was the re-naming of the different varieties. I agree, you just don't do that. It reminds me of McDowells and the golden arcs. I'm glad to see however that you didn't take criticism harshly, and are willing to learn from it. Good luck, and looking forward to seeing your revised 2012 catalog.
You must be referring to another Carolyn sine this Carolyn, me, never knew Penny's website existed until this thread was posted here and wasn't that just today or yesterday? I didn't take the time to go back and check when the initial post was made.

Nope,not me Carolyn, who never had even heard of Penny's website before.
Old September 22, 2011   #34
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn, I was reading it as it was you who mentioned 'this place' (=Tomatoville) and not Penny's Tomatoes...

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Old September 22, 2011   #35
muck4doo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania View Post
Carolyn, I was reading it as it was you who mentioned 'this place' (=Tomatoville) and not Penny's Tomatoes...
Exactly right. I came here to Tomatoville, not Penny's, after seeing your recommendation of this website(DG). Thank you for clarifying Tania.
muck4doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22, 2011   #36
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by muck4doo View Post
Exactly right. I came here to Tomatoville, not Penny's, after seeing your recommendation of this website(DG). Thank you for clarifying Tania.
OK, is everyone on the same page now?

Yes, I do suggest Tomatoville to folks at other sites when the occasion arises and muckadoo obviously read what I said at DG, so a belated welcome to you.
Old September 22, 2011   #37
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Penny

I commend you for coming on the Forum, not getting nasty and lashing out (like other vendors have when we chastised them), and admitting when you are wrong.

I sincerely welcome you to TomatoVille and hope you post often.
Old September 26, 2011   #38
kenny_j
Tomatovillian™

After viewing penny's site and the you tube video, I had typed out a lengthy reply, but thought better about it. Best to stay out of this one. You all are very kind and generous at Tville, but that I already knew. To Carolyn: From reading many of your posts I had you figured for a lot older. 72 ain't old!!! I now figure I have a lot of years to learn more from you and many others here, and I'm not far behind ya.
kenny j
kenny_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4, 2011   #39
PennyM
LIAR AND THIEF

Default Penny's Tomatoes Website

http://pennystomatoes.com/index.html

We have a nice page on growing Organic, a Tomato-Head trivia contest, Free Seeds contests, info. on the Black Gourmet tomatoes and San Marzano varieties and more. Thanks for checking it out.
Tomato-Ly Yours,
Penny
PennyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4, 2011   #40
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Penny, how is what what was posted here any different from what was already linked to in another Forum here at Tville?

When opening the site I got a security warning saying that the certificate was not signed by the correct person and then I forgot what else it said, but I read a bit after clicking on your list of varieties, but not much more than a couple of varieties b'c they seemed to be in the same order as what was linked to in that other Forum where you got so many comments about your site form several here at Tville.

So how is this site, when you click on the list of tomatoes, different from what was already posted here at Tville?

Thanks.
Old October 21, 2011   #41
PennyM
LIAR AND THIEF

Default Penny's Tomatoes. Tastiest Tomatoes in the World...

Or at least we think so.

Check out my Tonmato Seed Collection that I'm SO proud of
https://www.pennystomatoes.com/shopp...html/combo.htm

Make your own Upside down Tomato Planter with junk from the Garage
http://www.pennystomatoes.com/Upside...o-planter.html

Why we think Black Gourmet Tomatoes are the best
http://www.pennystomatoes.com/blacktomatoes.html

FREE Tomato Seeds and Contests
http://pennystomatoes.com/win-organic-tomato-seeds.html

Also, visit my Website for a lot of other fun Tomato stuff....Tomato Trivia Contests, Tomato recipes, a cool Organic section, etc.
THANK YOU for checking out my pride and joy, Penny's Tomatoes
I'm Tomato-Ly Yours,
Penny
http://www.pennystomatoes.com

Old February 6, 2012   #42
PennyM
LIAR AND THIEF

Default Penny's Tomatoes

WE did take Craig and Carolyn up on their generous offer to help us make certain all Tomato Seed names were accurate in our 2012 Catalog and our Online catalog. THANKS, we did change any names that weren't entirely accurate. Come and visit Penny's Tomatoes for 2012 we've added 13 New Tomato seeds and products and are having an exciting year so far.
Tomato-Ly Yours, Penny
Old February 7, 2012   #43
muck4doo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyM View Post
WE did take Craig and Carolyn up on their generous offer to help us make certain all Tomato Seed names were accurate in our 2012 Catalog and our Online catalog. THANKS, we did change any names that weren't entirely accurate. Come and visit Penny's Tomatoes for 2012 we've added 13 New Tomato seeds and products and are having an exciting year so far.
Tomato-Ly Yours, Penny
I'm cheering you on, but what are these:

Penny's Early Tomato Indeterminate Ready set go!!! This fast producing high yielding plant will have you eating one of the best tasting tomatoes a month before the others are ready. This hardy plant produces delicious tomatoes all summer long. Penny's Early Tomato is special because it delivers such a tasty abundant crop.

Penny's Golden Cherry Tomato Indeterminate This bite size baby is sweet and succulent. A golden beauty that has a well balanced delicious flavor and the majority of the early fruits are seedless. A nice colorful addition to any salad or just pop in your mouth fresh off the plant.

Penny's Persimmon Tomato Indeterminate This heirloom tomato is the most flavorful and reliable yellow/orange tomato available. This beefy guy can weigh in at up to 16oz; it's juicy and has few blemishes. These are vigorous plants and offer good yields. My Persimmon is a little sweeter than most and easy to grow.

Penny's Pink Beauty Determinate This perfect plump pink tomato is rich with tomato flavor and is one of the best tasting tomatoes on the planet. It's very sweet and so well balanced with the perfect amount of acid for a full, complex tomatoey flavor. I use the Pink Beauty on my favorite sandwich called the "Zep".

Are these new hybrids you developed? Don't know if they are in your paper catalog, but they are on your website. Would like to learn more info on them. Especially the Penny Persimmon.
Old February 9, 2012   #44
PennyM
LIAR AND THIEF

Hi again, Muck4doo,
Thanks for the call out.
As you know we've modified maybe a dozen names of the tomatoes on my website.
Although some of the changes were very minor...like 'Roma tomato' to just 'Roma....or 'Black Sea' to 'Black Sea Man' or 'Sunshine Heirloom' to just 'Sunshine' we were very arduous and deliberate to bring ANY Tomato varieties to their EXACT name and correct spelling to satisfy all of our Friends here on Tomatoville as well as Tatania and Craig that so generously offered to help us be totally accurate.
I think we're 100% good now.
The 4 Tomato varieties that you question with my name on it are Family heirlooms that go back at least 5 Decades....probably a lot longer from our farm in Arizona.
They may have been Hybrids way back in the day...I don't know..but as you know once a variety has been grown for 8 growing seasons it officially becomes a new variety of tomato.
These 4 varieties are Family Heirlooms that mean a lot to us for many reasons.
We also checked from a legal perspective and we're good to go.
I do need to stand by the name of these tomatoes.
Thanks again for the call out.
We've added 13 New tomatoes and products to ur 2012 Collection and made 100% sure of the accuracy. For example we've added a category for "Monster Red" Varieties (we've received a lot of requests for these) and added a "Monster Tomatoes in a Box" item (at a discount vs. buying seperately) that includes the Giant Belgium, Giant Syrian, Italian Giant, Sicilian Saucer, Giant Beefsteak and Mortgage lifter. All names are accurate.
Hope everyone has a fantastic growing season!
Great Gardening,
Penny
Old February 10, 2012   #45
muck4doo
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for clarifying. I'll be sure to give you a try when I buy seed again.

Tags
carolina reaper , deceitful , dishonest , joe arditi , lies , opinions , penny mohney , penny's tomatoes , pepper joe's , photo theft , reviews , untrustworthy