Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 12, 2019   #1531
IronPete
Tomatovillian™

Hi Karen;
Thanks for the suggestion. I will be hitting them with some fertilizer tonight. I had them in the little greenhouse in the background for quite a bit and they grew fairly tall but still sturdy so they should be find. They are loving being in the ground. The Taiga will go into an Earthbox in the next 48 hours when I finish planting out everything else. Will keep updating the pics as we go. The one plant did have some flowers starting on it but I took them off when I transplanted so they won't get confused about what they should be doing.

Pete

Iron Pete

"We can agree to disagree."
IronPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2019   #1532
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronPete View Post
Hi Karen;
Thanks for the suggestion. I will be hitting them with some fertilizer tonight. I had them in the little greenhouse in the background for quite a bit and they grew fairly tall but still sturdy so they should be find. They are loving being in the ground. The Taiga will go into an Earthbox in the next 48 hours when I finish planting out everything else. Will keep updating the pics as we go. The one plant did have some flowers starting on it but I took them off when I transplanted so they won't get confused about what they should be doing.

Pete
I’m sure they will do great, thank you very much for giving them a grow, I’m very interested in how they do for you there on the island
From my island to yours !!
K
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2019   #1533
bad.kelpie
Tomatovillian™

The KARMA Purple Multiflora growing at my parents house seems to still have the Multiflora gene, or at least more so than the ones I have. We're having weird weather. 90s, then 60s now 90s again, so mine keep dropping blossoms, but this plant is doing pretty well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190613_173832.jpg (412.2 KB, 232 views)
bad.kelpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2019   #1534
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad.kelpie View Post
The KARMA Purple Multiflora growing at my parents house seems to still have the Multiflora gene, or at least more so than the ones I have. We're having weird weather. 90s, then 60s now 90s again, so mine keep dropping blossoms, but this plant is doing pretty well.
Thank you, I like this very much. Definitely save seeds from the multiflora one.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2019   #1535
wxcrawler
Tomatovillian™

My KARMA Purple Multiflora was definitely a multiflora with most of the trusses having many flowers. I've found that mine has produced about 95% cherries and 5% "mini-beefsteaks". I haven't kept count accurately, but I know I'm up over 100 fruit so far. All have been yummy.

Lee
wxcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2019   #1536
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxcrawler View Post
My KARMA Purple Multiflora was definitely a multiflora with most of the trusses having many flowers. I've found that mine has produced about 95% cherries and 5% "mini-beefsteaks". I haven't kept count accurately, but I know I'm up over 100 fruit so far. All have been yummy.

Lee
Happy to hear you like them “ yummy” is a great endorsement!
I find mine make double fruit more than most other small tomatoes early in the season then they seem to settle down once they get going
K
Old June 22, 2019   #1537
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

My KARMA Purple MF definitely retained the MF trait. Flowers are opening, fruit baby fruits should be viewable soon. KARMA Peach is it's next door neighbor and that set fruit a few days ago.
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2019   #1538
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsieglaff View Post
My KARMA Purple MF definitely retained the MF trait. Flowers are opening, fruit baby fruits should be viewable soon. KARMA Peach is it's next door neighbor and that set fruit a few days ago.
That’s great looking forward to seeing them and I hope you enjoy them!!

There should be no issue with the stability of the MF or any of them. There does appear to have been a few crossed seeds mixed into one of the batches of karma purple not the mf. Two people in Belgium I am aware of got a couple of regular leaf plants among their potato leaf KARMA purple.
If anyone notices this, please let me know.

KarenO
Old June 24, 2019   #1539
akgardengirl
Tomatovillian™

I am happy to report that once the Karma mf purple was established in it's final pot in the greenhouse, it took off and now has the look of the multi-flora. It is a very healthy plant loaded with blossoms. Karma Peach isn't as prolific in blossoms but it is very healthy also. Looking forward to tasting these soon. We've had a stretch of some nice weather so things are looking up for sure!
Sue
akgardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2019   #1540
tryno12
Tomatovillian™

Where could I get a few Karma Purple MF seeds?
Pete
tryno12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2019   #1541
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by akgardengirl View Post
I am happy to report that once the Karma mf purple was established in it's final pot in the greenhouse, it took off and now has the look of the multi-flora. It is a very healthy plant loaded with blossoms. Karma Peach isn't as prolific in blossoms but it is very healthy also. Looking forward to tasting these soon. We've had a stretch of some nice weather so things are looking up for sure!
Sue
Very happy to hear that Sue and Pete, ask me later in the season for some
K
Old June 26, 2019   #1542
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Default KARMA´S

Hello everyone, I show some pictures of my KARMAS, the plants are still small, KARMA pink are about to take color, eager to try them.
Greetings.
Nico
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KARMA PEACH.jpg (439.2 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg KARMA PURPLE.jpg (402.2 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg kARMA PURPLE MULTIFLORA.jpg (490.0 KB, 107 views)

Nico.
NicolasGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2019   #1543
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Default KARMA pink

KARMA pink
Attached Images
File Type: jpg karma PINK 2.jpg (457.3 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg karma PINK.jpg (294.4 KB, 107 views)

Nico.
NicolasGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2019   #1544
Whwoz
Tomatovillian™

Some nice looking plants Nico, you will enjoy KARMA Pink
Whwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2019   #1545
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Hello Nico!
Such pretty plants you have there, are you getting the heat wave that I am reading about in Europe? Or are you in a place where hot temperatures are more normal and expected in summer?
Im looking forward to hearing what you think if these, you are the first person in Spain to grow them
Karen