Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Old May 20, 2012   #1
johnnytwofingers
Tomatovillian™

Default Good forum specializing in drip irrigation?

Can anyone recommend a forum that specializes in drip irrigation? I'm just doing my patio now and have come across a few questions.

Maybe I'll post the questions here just in case someone has an idea.....

1. 4 GPH PC dripper, no such thing? I'm having a bit of an issue of the ratio of the smallest to largest pots on one circuit, the largest PC dripper I could find was 2GPHand the smallest was 0.5 GPH; I have a 4 GPH non-PC, but I think those allow back flow from the circuit, which would flood that containers it is lower than others. Is splitting the hose and adding 2 x 2GPH the only way to go?

2. Dispersion of the drip - I have some 12 inch diameter flower pots with very sandy soil and more than one flower planted, so I'm concerned about drip wateringyer hitting all the roots properly. A sprayer nozzle is not an option (I don't think, due to their much higher consumption than droppers on same circuit), so I'd like to find an attachment or something that can use a single dripper, but spread the drip into a bit bigger of a radius. My thought so far are putting something about the size of a silver dollar at the drip spot to splash it out a bit, or just use a barbed tee to spread the drip (but that's only wider in one dimension, doesn't spread it circularly).
johnnytwofingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6, 2012   #2
waterman1971
Tomatovillian™

Try these, I love them.

waterman1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2012   #3
johnnytwofingers
Tomatovillian™

Ya I had something like that in mind, but with low flow, there's be no dispersion. Someone on another thread here pointed out you can get 1/4" porous soaker tubing which will suit me perfectly.

Still would like to find a 4GPH PC Dripper though.
Old June 7, 2012   #4
waterman1971
Tomatovillian™

The rate of flow is adjustable on this unit. At 4 gal per hour the diameter coverage is prob 8-10 inches. Control dispersion further by adjusting the elevation of the dripper.

Result

waterman1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2012   #5
johnnytwofingers
Tomatovillian™

Sorry, my 4GPH (PC) dripper is a seperate requirement....I also need 1GPH with dispersion. I do have one of those as shown in your pictures but haven't tested it yet, bought it just for experimenting.
Old June 7, 2012   #6
geeboss
Tomatovillian™

http://www.digcorp.com/DIY/803-0-10_...n/diy_products

http://www.irrigationdirect.com/irri...ating-emitters

http://www.gardendrip.org/hydrogen_EMMB02.html

Last edited by geeboss; June 7, 2012 at 12:05 PM.
geeboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2012   #7
Defiant20
Tomatovillian™

I think irrigation direct has 2GPH, pressure compensating drippers: http://www.irrigationdirect.com/irri...itters/dd-tc20
In your case. I would just use 2 close together since they are pressure compensating. I do that on some of mine and it works well. I can vouch for these, they are the only drippers that have worked without clogging from hard water in my area. You can unscrew the top for easy cleaning if needed and you can also swap for a different GPH by just putting the top of the other size emitter on. I setup a bunch with .5 GPH in my garden and ended up swapping to 1gph by swapping the tops. Looks like they have a 6gph bubbler, but I have not tried that one.
Defiant20 is offline   Reply With Quote