Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old March 11, 2012   #46
z_willus_d
Tomatovillian™

Hi DarJones, I'm getting a range of temperature from ~66F at night and up to 85F in the day. I'd say the average temp during the day when the light is on is 80F. I'd say it's more like 68F average during the night. Do you consider that range undesirable? It's certainly getting hot enough, right. I wouldn't think they would be better served getting cooler during the night hours, or do I need to turn the air conditioner on now.

Thanks for keeping me honest.
-naysen
z_willus_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2012   #47
z_willus_d
Tomatovillian™

Antoniette, sometimes I feel like the blind leading the blind; but slowly if by electronic-osmosis I'm learning the ropes. Glad you're here.
-naysen
Old March 11, 2012   #48
z_willus_d
Tomatovillian™

BTW, today I gave the 1st wave seedlings their watering, and it was a bottom watering. I spent two hours doing this by sequencing through two plants at a time. So, I had four circular trays. The first two trays got about an inch of water, and into those I set the current seedling pots to be soaked. I gave each pair from 3-5 minutes in the soaking trays. The 2nd two trays were for post-soaking to ensure any residual leakage doesn't get on the carpet.

What I found interesting was that it took precisely 3x (three times) as much water to "water" the plants via this method as I use to water the plants when I top-water using my turkey baster (1.5 squirts a pot). So, perhaps I've been underwatering the plants all this time.

-naysen