Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 12, 2013   #1
Ed of Somis
Tomatovillian™

Default Tomato growing magazine

I was wondering if anybody knows of a monthly magazine that is all-about growing tomatoes??? It sure would be cool to read articles and learn through a magazine source.
Ed of Somis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2013   #2
RebelRidin
Tomatovillian™

For watever these are worth....

http://www.columbiapublications.com/...tmarchives.htm

George

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure."
Thomas Jefferson, 1787
RebelRidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2013   #3
Ed of Somis
Tomatovillian™

Default mag

I was wondering if anybody actually took this magazine??? Their website really looks shaky.
Ed of Somis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2013   #4
MikeInCypress
Tomatovillian™

Printed Magazines are going the way of the 8 track tape, I've had one cease publishing totally (Caribbean Travel & Life and another (PC World) go digital only. I got the last printed issue of PC World yesterday.

MikeInCypress
Old July 13, 2013   #5
habitat_gardener
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed of Somis View Post
I was wondering if anybody actually took this magazine??? Their website really looks shaky.
I scanned one issue online. Looks like its audience is greenhouse growers. But it's free to look at online, so you can go through past issues to find out if it's for you.

I'd settle for a vegetable growing magazine. Kitchen Garden(er) [published by Taunton] was pretty good, but I discovered it only after it had stopped publishing. I have a bunch of back issues that are still interesting. I googled it to find out the correct title (it changed midway), and found out there's a UK magazine with that title. But its website kept taking me to ads I hadn't clicked on, so I'd advise staying away from that website.

Last edited by habitat_gardener; July 13, 2013 at 01:21 AM.
habitat_gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13, 2013   #6
JamesL
Tomatovillian™

Emilee Gettling of Baker Creek puts out this quarterly, but it is not just tomatoes.
http://heirloomgardener.com/
A little light on content, but I will give them high marks for production quality, paper stock and photography.
I got it as a subscription package last year with 2 or 3 other magazines for something like 5 bucks.
JamesL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13, 2013   #7
emcd124
Tomatovillian™

Maybe its a good project for the t'vill community. A crowd sourced online magazine, seek contributors on a variety of topics. I mostly come here for all my tomato know-how, but it is true that something in a blog format where posts were curated and then tagged so that people could find and browse by topic with ease later would be an easier format for casual reading and info seeking.

Maybe we could call it the Tomatoville Times
emcd124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13, 2013   #8
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Today I came across a link to The Tomato Magazine in my faves as I was looking for something else.

I had it there b'c there was a wonderful article written about Dr. Randy Gardner but I don't think I could get to those pages again, and I don't remember it being slanted towards greenhousegrowing.

Carolyn, who suggests something like the Tville Tattler if folks here want to get involved in doing something like that, and it isn't easy to do. As Craig L and I found out when we were publishing an international newsletter called Off the Vine for several years.