Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old September 6, 2010   #1
Talon1189
Tomatovillian™

Default 3/4 Season Report with Earthtainers

I have "2" Earthtainers that I built this spring. Michigan has been near perfect on the weather report so far. Not too much rain....and not too much heat. Rated from 1-10 scale 7 being average on my scale. I am a tough grader here:

2 Legend plants 1-10 scale >>>>>>> 6 ....... kinda dry...smaller 2-6 once.....tons of smaller tomatoes.....I would not grow them again.

Cherokee Purple >>>>>>8.8 for taste........easy to grow.......I may grow again next season.

Better Boy >>>>>>>>> 8.5 Very slow to produce even at 80 inches tall. Very tasty.......I would grow them again.

Pink Brandywine "potato leaf" >>>>>> 8.5 Very tasty but the fruit got smaller as the season grew longer......... I would grow this one again next season.

Welp......that is my honest rating at 3/4 season on my 4 different plants >>>>>>>>>>>Talon
Talon1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2, 2010   #2
amberroses
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the review. I just got my first earthbox and I'm excited to give it a try.
amberroses is offline   Reply With Quote