Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 23, 2011   #1
Heidelberg
Tomatovillian™

Default Dechlorinating

I usually set my water out for 24 hours to dechlorinate before watering my plants. I am an aquarium hobbyist and got into the habit of doing this as it kills the beneficial biota in dirt just like it does in the tank. On occasion, however, I use aquarium dechlorinator when I have not had the opportunity to set my water out. This does not seem to affect my terrarium or aquarium plants but the mineral content of that water is pretty high to begin with. The Mycorrhiza in my soil seems to be doing very well which is good. But I recently had a possible micronutrient issue on a different thread which is being addressed. It says on the dechlorinator that it 'removes heavy metals'. Does anyone think this could be locking up my micronutrients? I had an epiphany today and figured I would see what you guys think about it.
Heidelberg is offline   Reply With Quote