Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old August 6, 2009   #1
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Default Finally Tomatoes!

It kills me to see everyone else's ripe tomatoes. So I had to post since I finally got a few today.

On the scale is Silvery Fir Tree. To the right is Gajo De Melon and Azoychka. The Gajo De Melons are very pretty little bi-colors. I have not tasted them yet.
The odd thing about this year is I've been getting ripe peppers and eggplants for awhile now. My beans have gone crazy too. I have lots of green tomatoes so I know I'll be over flowing with ripe ones soon especially since it the warmed up here in the last week, actually summer like!
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop
remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6, 2009   #2
sprtsguy76
Tomatovillian™

Thats great news! Those cukes in the background look yummy.

Damon
sprtsguy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6, 2009   #3
Blueaussi
Tomatovillian™

And what a nice big Silvery fur tree tomato that is, too. And your egg plants look yummy!
Blueaussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6, 2009   #4
Nightshade
Tomatovillian™

I also had eggplants way before I had anything else this year. The groundsquirrels enjoyed them a lot, too!

Is your area blight-free, Remy? I hope so...I'm looking forward to next year's variety of seed offerings!

jan
Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6, 2009   #5
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

The Gajo De Melons tasted on the sweet side and somewhere between a cherry and a bigger tomato if that makes any sense.

Damon,
I spent last night canning pickles. That is why I was up posting so late. I'm glad that job is done!

Blueaussie,
I love the fresh eggplants. They taste so much better than the store and they look so pretty. I wish I had take a pic of the white one too, but it got grilled.

Jan,
I've had no late blight. It has been reported in my county, and I've been praying it doesn't appear. The weather has changed now so I'm hoping the conditions are no longer conducive to blight.
I will be happy when I get all my harvest and can update the site,
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop
remy is offline   Reply With Quote