Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old February 21, 2006   #1
Little_Rhody
Tomatovillian™

Default Is anyone having trouble with MSN?

as a host site for posting pics? I seem to be. I have tried highlighting the address and using the img button as well and I still can't get the photo to appear in my preview. Any ideas? This is an example of what I'm doing...

Thanks

carolyn
Little_Rhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2006   #2
Little_Rhody
Tomatovillian™

Thanks John ,

I think I tried that. I went back and looked at an old post in GW and it is working. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm going to go back and look at my profile. I know the bbcode is on.

carolyn

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/<IM0VwDpAicZNU!3uYx7DOLD7V09HLRsUFfYz5RwwpliYbk1Lw Ovp*VGokwj6J7ld3clTJkbRkwF1zmyzjLd31xt71fBtB9ePAeR q7rXQFLZyKlkbXIgWB7FeP2J02!*Mgbl/August%20Vacation%202005%20019.jpg?dc=467553834165 4752471[/img]
Little_Rhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2006   #3
Little_Rhody
Tomatovillian™

I don't klnow what else to try. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TADdAg0W3Ec4FF9Gl1JWcL5Q6v1a7sqgz1AyU8*h4iUHZuCpo XUIxzSMb4r0TxH5Ku!y4Sd3y0HpNWXCrktmZ1KL3LLUJLLt9Li *zBIKnVSpPDSJw0xGZQ/September2004%20051.jpg?dc=4675494627576891157[/img]
Old February 22, 2006   #4
Woodenzoo
Tomatovillian™

MSN groups aren't photo hosting sites. It's been a few years that I had looked into it (When I first opened my group back in '02) and they stated somewhere the reasons that photos in albums wouldn't work elsewhere. (I can't remember what it was though ops) That's why when you add a photo to a post there, you have to have it in an album at an MSN group that you belong to, in order to post it at another MSN group (Or stored on your computer, if you have enough storage space left on your passport.)
There are many free photo/imaging hosting sites, such as Photobucket.com that are easy to use.
BTW, if you have gotten a photo from MSN groups posted at GW, I'd love a link to the post! Perhaps they have changed things?
Sorry I'm not much help...
Cathy
Woodenzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2006   #5
pooklette
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn,

In the "Test" thread, I got the photo attached to your link to show up by copy and pasting your link and then deleting everything after .jpg . Do exactly what you did earlier with copying the address and then pasting it into a post here, but before you highlight it here and click on the IMG button...delete the dc=4675538341654752471 part. Then highlight what you have left and click the IMG button. I can see the image, so hopefully the rest of you guys can too.

Hope that helps!

Megan
pooklette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2006   #6
Little_Rhody
Tomatovillian™

Megan,

That seems to work. I'm going to play around with it some more. Thanks so much! I was getting frustrated.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TADdAg0W3Ec4FF9Gl1JWcL5Q6v1a7sqgz1AyU8*h4iUHZuCpo XUIxzSMb4r0TxH5Ku!y4Sd3y0HpNWXCrktmZ1KL3LLUJLLt9Li *zBIKnVSpPDSJw0xGZQ/September2004%20051.jpg[/img]