Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old May 14, 2012   #16
RebelRidin
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWayne View Post
I've been skinny dipping as a teenager. If I went now I'd have to call it chunky dunkin....

I say go for it. One of the few benefits to getting older is the opportunity to do the stuff you didn't dare when you were younger (or when the kids were still home)!

George

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure."
Thomas Jefferson, 1787
RebelRidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012   #17
janezee
Tomatovillian™

I live to embarrass my daughter. And mother. And......

j
janezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012   #18
Mudman
Tomatovillian™

You guys are really weird. You mean you actually do this only one day during the year?
Old May 14, 2012   #19
rxkeith
Tomatovillian™

not during the black fly season i won't. i could if i wanted to being in the country, and back off the road, and the weather was pretty nice today. i won't be marking the day on the calendar any time soon.

keith
rxkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012   #20
Garf
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWayne View Post
I've been skinny dipping as a teenager. If I went now I'd have to call it chunky dunkin.

But going into the garden nekid ! With packsaddles and cow killers (velvet ants) skeeters and no-see-ums ! No thank you !

If there's two things every wild eyed southern boy knows by age ten, It is that you don't want chiggers.... And the second thing ? you REALLY don't want chiggers ummm some places..LOL

For those of you lucky enough to have never had a chigger bite, Think of poison oak rash when you get in a hot shower. It itches like something is trying to burrow into your skin and lasts for a couple of weeks.

Just one encounter and I learned walk a 10 foot circle around Queen Ann's lace ! (Called Chigger bushes when I was a kid) Later I learned that the flower don't have any direct thing to do with the mites, they just like the same boundary areas. (same as ticks, where the white tailed deer and other animals like to walk) The mites climb grass or weeds and wait for a poor animal to pass by so they can hop on.
Sounds like it's time for Raid Yard Guard.
Garf is offline   Reply With Quote