Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old June 15, 2019   #1
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Default help identify problem

Hello everyone and thanks.
I have all my healthy tomato plants, except this plant that I die the photos, in the place where it is planted, the water does not drain well and I think it has excess water, the truth is that I do not know what to do, maybe I should start it for that does not infect the other plants?
Thank you.
Nico

Nico.
NicolasGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2019   #2
edweather
Tomatovillian™

Too much water or standing water will yellow and stunt the plant. Probably whats going on here. You could move it to a drier location, but imo it's probably past saving.
Old June 15, 2019   #3
slugworth
Tomatovillian™

for the soggy area you may want to try planting in a container with an open bottom.
Most of the plant will then be above the water table,and since it's open bottom no
worries about having to water every day.
slugworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2019   #4
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Nico, let it dry out some, then treat it with 1 Tablespoon of Epsom Salt in 4 litres of water. it should green up in only a day or 2.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2019   #5
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Thank you very much everyone for the help.
It is an area of my garden where the water does not drain well, at the beginning of the season I used several bags of coconut fiber in the area, but it seems to be too short, I use drip irrigation with the same gum for all the tomato plants, I will have think about doing something in that rubber, how to introduce some key in that area so that it irrigates less amount of water. I have two days without watering and it seems that it has been good for the plants, today I used the epsom salts.
Thank you

Nico.
NicolasGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote