Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 21, 2014   #46
Blk_Vegan
Tomatovillian™

Received my copy from Craig yesterday and began perusing it this morning. Amazingly good looking book with lots of useful information and wonderful pictures. Love the layout and the fact that it's coffee table size. Eye catching. Should be a great garden companion for those with an interest in growing tomatoes. The Winter Solstice begins today but this book has me longing for Spring.
Old December 22, 2014   #47
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

My copy of Craigs book won't ship until Dec 30th but I got it for $13.00 and free shipping from Target.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2014   #48
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

My copy of Epic Tomatoes arrived today. Craig, thank you for the wonderful personalized note with your signature on the first page, my copy will always be special to me! It will eventually make it up on the self with Carolyn’s book and wide variety of other gardening books. But for now it will be with me from room to room, until I have completely soaked it all in. After that it will probably take a journey among the local farm families. Much the same way my copy of Carolyn’s book did. Thanks again!!!
Dutch

The intuitive mind is a gift, and the rational mind is a faithful servant. But we have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. (paraphrased) Albert Einstein

I come from a long line of sod busters, spanning back several centuries.

Last edited by Dutch; December 22, 2014 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Grammer again
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2014   #49
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

I am feeling all of your warm thoughts and messages here, and it means so much. Gardening friends are the best friends of all.

PS....feel free (encouraged, even!) to visit the Amazon site to post a rating and a review, if you are so inclined...

Hoping wonderful holidays to you all - deep into cookie baking here!
Old December 23, 2014   #50
Salsacharley
Tomatovillian™

I didn't cancel my Amazon order when I ordered direct from Craig, and I just received the Amazon copy. It is a hard bound book!
Salsacharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23, 2014   #51
DonnaMarieNJ
Tomatovillian™

Default Got mine today!

YEEHAA!!!!!!

I pay the mortgage, but my cats own the house!
DonnaMarieNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23, 2014   #52
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I'm still reading my bootlegged copy from China.
I'm having a little trouble with the translation though.

One page translates to, "Plant chickens legs up to its first feathers and water regularly."

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23, 2014   #53
DonnaMarieNJ
Tomatovillian™

...been reading it since I received it....

I can see it now.... Christmas dinner? WHAT Christmas dinner????

I pay the mortgage, but my cats own the house!
DonnaMarieNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23, 2014   #54
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Surprise!!!!

I got my large Jung's catalogue today, was thumbing through it when I saw Epic Tomatoes, 276 pages, $15.95, sitting right next to Louise Riottes classic Carrots Love Tomatoes, or the reverse.

So Storey seems to have done a great job of placing your books for sale Craig.

I'm still confused when someone says they got a hardcover and others a paperback. Are there really two versions? If so, the hardcover one should be more expensive due to the way that hardcovers are bound.

The only recent one from Storey that I know of was an autographed copy of Glenn Drowns ( Sandhill Preservation) new one about poultry that he sent me and it was a paperback.

Carolyn
Old December 23, 2014   #55
Salsacharley
Tomatovillian™

I got a signed soft cover from Craig and a hard cover from Amazon (pre-ordered last summer). Both cost me the same...about $25 including shipping. $15.95 from Jung's looks pretty good before shipping, which I didn't pursue since I already have 2 copies. I didn't pay attention when I pre-ordered from Amazon but I would have opted for a hard cover first edition if I had a choice. Perhaps I did have a choice.

I just checked Amazon and they have 3 hard covers available for $21.74 before shipping and 8 new softcovers from $13.99 and 3 used from $20.34....go figure!

http://www.amazon.com/Epic-Tomatoes-...=epic+tomatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Surprise!!!!

I got my large Jung's catalogue today, was thumbing through it when I saw Epic Tomatoes, 276 pages, $15.95, sitting right next to Louise Riottes classic Carrots Love Tomatoes, or the reverse.

So Storey seems to have done a great job of placing your books for sale Craig.

I'm still confused when someone says they got a hardcover and others a paperback. Are there really two versions? If so, the hardcover one should be more expensive due to the way that hardcovers are bound.

The only recent one from Storey that I know of was an autographed copy of Glenn Drowns ( Sandhill Preservation) new one about poultry that he sent me and it was a paperback.

Carolyn
Salsacharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23, 2014   #56
JamesL
Tomatovillian™

Just got home from work. Johnny's catalogue, Totally Tomatoes Catalog 2015 with "Epic Tomatoes by Craig L" on the back cover (fantastic placement) both waiting for me AND The Fedex elves left me a package containing The Book itself!
I had preordered from Amazon as well this summer - Hardcover. At the time I don't think I realized there was an option - hard vs soft, and I don't recall making a choice, but there it is.

Ate the only tomato I had - a Kumato - in homage to Craig and to a good gardening related non-gardening day.

Now I have to put it all aside, (not even taking the book out of the plastic or I won't be able to resist) wrap some presents (and hide them) make a Beef Wellington for Christmas, and start working on tomorrow night's Feast of the 5 Fishes. (I know it's 7, but I am not Italian and when I am in charge I only can ever get to 5)
JamesL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23, 2014   #57
roper2008
Tomatovillian™

Mine came out to $27.27 with shipping from Amazon. I pre-ordered in August.
I guess I'm getting the hard cover. I didn't even pay attention to that.
roper2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2014   #58
chiefbeaz
Tomatovillian™

Received my book today, a Christmas present to myself .Flipping through the pages, it appears to be quite a interesting book. I am going to order three more and give them to my grown son's who are also into gardening. Great job Craig
chiefbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2014   #59
gssgarden
Tomatovillian™

8:30 Christmas morning and I'm reading Epic Tomatoes!!!

Very impressed so far after just thumbing through it!!

Greg
gssgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2014   #60
recruiterg
Tomatovillian™

I received my copy today as a Christmas gift. I am amazed at the quality of the pictures and the details. Can't wait to read it. Thanks, Craig.
recruiterg is offline   Reply With Quote