Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 18, 2016   #1
bower
Tomatovillian™

Default Happy 10th Anniversary Tomatoville!!!!

Mischka, happy anniversary and congratulations on ten years of the most wonderful site on the web! Spam free, bully free... and a huge and growing diverse community.
Heartfelt thanks, kudos for your success, and best wishes for the next awesome ten years!
bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2016   #2
Ricky Shaw
Tomatovillian™

Hip Hip hooray! Long live Tomatoville.
Ricky Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2016   #3
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

Well said bower! I can't add much other than saying thank you and congratulations!
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2016   #4
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

I remember the founding of TVille, and what a breath of fresh air, as compared to other sites. I join in thanking Mischka for giving us Tomatoville! I have spent much time, and learned much in these past 10 years.
Old January 18, 2016   #5
bower
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvpc View Post
I remember the founding of TVille, and what a breath of fresh air, as compared to other sites. I join in thanking Mischka for giving us Tomatoville! I have spent much time, and learned much in these past 10 years.
Well while we're at it, let me also express my thanks - and amazement! - to all the moderators of this site. I don't know how you do it, but the level of civility here is what makes it a truly outstanding site. Whatever the magic is... please continue. Your contribution is much appreciated!
bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2016   #6
MendozaMark
Tomatovillian™

Happy 10th Anniversary ! Not only are you the greatest site/community on the internet, you are part of my daily life. I wake up every morning, grab a cup of coffee and check the forum. It not only gives me knowledge but motivation and inspiration. Thanks to all the moderators, the tomato guru's and great characters that make this place amazing !!

Cheers !
MendozaMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2016   #7
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Warm wishes for a great future as you celebrate 10 years Mischka. Tomatoville is a daily visit must for me and I have appreciated all the knowledge shared here.
Thank you and happy anniversary!
Karen
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2016   #8
Lee
Tomatopalooza™ Moderator

Congrats on an excellent first 10years! May there be many more to come!

And thanks to all the members who make the site the wealth of information that makes it so great!

Lee

Cuostralee - The best thing on sliced bread.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2016   #9
ReginaAnn
Tomatovillian™

Happy 10Th T-Ville. Great site, fantastic information, the best people. Thanks for this wonderful meeting place!
ReginaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2016   #10
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

I've been here as a Global Mod since day one when Tville first opened and have never stopped loving this place where civility rules and those who don't respect ALL of the rules in the TOS,which they agree to initially as registered members, are shown the door out.

Mischka started Tville b'c of what happened at the original Garden Web,now Houzz, where it got nasty beyond belief, and so the first ones to come here were from GW and many are still here all these many years later.

M picks up all the costs in running this site himself, so no ads,nothing like that ever. And same for idig where he was the high bidder when Jere Gettle put it up for sale on e-bay and thank heavens M won the bid which protected the idigger personal information from being public. Yes, idiggers had the option of protecting their info but there was no way that all of them could timewise and also took care of the spammers there as well which was a MAJOR problem.And yes,I'm a Global Mod at idig as well,just me, as many know since there's a fair amount of cross pollination now between Tville and idig.

I thought maybe a bit of background on how and why M started Tville might be of interest to the many registered folks here as well as non members since this thread is in General Discussion where they can also read.

So I raise my cup, lt looks like coffee to me, to all who have participated here and all the mods past,present and future and Mischka himself for a wonderful place he has created.

Carolyn, who has a hard time believing how young she was 10 years ago, now at 76 and still above 6, and soon to be 77,and not yet in heaven, hopefully..
Old January 18, 2016   #11
natural
Tomatovillian™

Happy 10th anniversary to Tomatoville. Thanks to all of the participants and especially the moderators. This is the only site that I frequent. Thank you Mischka for all that you do.
Bill
natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2016   #12
kath
Tomatovillian™

Congratulations and grateful thanks to all who have made Tomatoville a wonderful place to visit!

kath
kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2016   #13
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

Happy Anniversary indeed! A website's success and longevity is a big reflection of its members - bravo to everyone here, from the big cheese (Mischka!), Carolyn and Michael, all of the mods, down to the newbiest of newbies.

Here's to the next 10 years!
Old January 18, 2016   #14
Old chef
Tomatovillian™

Congratulations on your Anniversary.

Old Chef
Old chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2016   #15
imp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MendozaMark View Post
Happy 10th Anniversary ! Not only are you the greatest site/community on the internet, you are part of my daily life. I wake up every morning, grab a cup of coffee and check the forum. It not only gives me knowledge but motivation and inspiration. Thanks to all the moderators, the tomato guru's and great characters that make this place amazing !!

Cheers !

My sentiments wonderfully expressed by you!

Happy, Happy and hope this lasts for a wonderfully long time!
imp is offline   Reply With Quote