Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old June 14, 2017   #1
Salaam
Tomatovillian™

Default Common disease questions from the still newbie

Hello all,

As usual, a question to 'read my leaves'... The problems are on the lower leaves and the plants are in an Earthtainer. For some background, we had a cold and rainy spring this year, and now the weather's nice and warm and dry. I've had undiagnosed disease before in my tomatoes, though it's been two years since I put tomatoes in my Earthtainers.

And:

1. If there is any discoloration or browning of leaves, should they be immediately removed?
2. When removing leaves, should I remove just the leaf or the whole branch, if branch is the right word, or does it depend on how many of the leaves are affected on that branch?
3. If it's Early Blight, should I spray copper, how often, and how much? In general, what are quick remediations for someone who does not have that much time.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170614_194243.jpg (222.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 20170614_194255.jpg (282.3 KB, 36 views)
Salaam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2017   #2
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

That is some sort of damage from insects or storm, wind blowing small rocks, something like that. No need to spray, it's just cosmetic.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote