Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old September 10, 2014   #46
tedln

I sent Tarasenko 6 and Limbaughs Potato Top seeds to about fifteen people last year. I'm curious how they performed this season for those people who received them.

Thanks

Ted
Old September 10, 2014   #47
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Ted, did you see my post #44 on this thread. I think you sent me mine at least two years ago and if you sent Limbaughs, I never grew it.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2014   #48
tedln

Thanks Linda! I think I sent yours out two years ago. I didn't send Limbaughs until last year. I just included a packet of Limbaughs with the T6 packets last year.

Ted
Old September 10, 2014   #49
MissS
Tomatovillian™

My Tarasenko6 seeds (which was crossed) had a pink label inside a plastic ziplock.
Old September 10, 2014   #50
kath
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedln View Post
I sent Tarasenko 6 and Limbaughs Potato Top seeds to about fifteen people last year. I'm curious how they performed this season for those people who received them.

Thanks

Ted
Ted, I grew out both the Tarensenko 6 and Limbaugh's Potato Top that you sent last year. The LLPT appeared to be correct and produced large pink beefsteaks in August; I grew out one of the RL seedlings and it produced saladette type fruits on trusses. Unfortunately, the two Tarensenko 6 plants I grew out produced 6-7 oz. blunt red hearts.

kath
kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2014   #51
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Ted, my one plant did just as well as all of the other varieties which okay, but not great this year. The fruit were mostly medium sized, which again, is what I got from all my "large" varieties this year, and looked just like Ami's photo in post #1. As I posted previously, the flavor was amazing and it will make a return visit next year.
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2014   #52
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Ted, who was the original source of your FLLPT? Have you found any variation in your line?

I think it is an excellent tomato, if I had to choose one it would be considered.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11, 2014   #53
dfollett
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedln View Post

Thanks

Ted
I started some of the Limbaugh's Potato Top and they were RL rather than PL. Produced smallish (2-3 oz) oblong red fruits with only fair flavor. Didn't have room for the T6 - next year.
dfollett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11, 2014   #54
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

I have used two sources for FLLPT, and have grown it for two seasons, several plants. I have never got small tomatoes and only one RL which was not as good as the rest. I have a plant growing this year that produces loads of utterly delicious tomatoes, one of the best I have ever had. I am not surprised that some are finding variables within the strain, here and there, considering how the distribution program went.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11, 2014   #55
tedln

dfollett,

I haven't had any RL's from the seed I sent out last year. The potato top seed I sent the previous year was from six tomatoes. One tomato of the six had crossed with Fourth of July so one of six seeds on average produced RL. The RL plants produced very good, tennis ball sized tomatoes abundantly. In my garden, they seemed to have an extreme case of "hybrid vigor"

I don't remember where I got my first seed, but it seemed to always produce true to type until I got the single crossed tomato. My subsequent saved seed has produced PL plants with true to type tomatoes.

The variety is on my top ten favorites list and is grown every year.

Ted
Old September 11, 2014   #56
bower
Tomatovillian™

My Tarasenko 6 seed which was crossed has a white piece of card inside a ziplock. It says "Tarasenko 6 2013 (unbagged)" on one side, and "Indet. regular leaf midseason lg. red beefsteak" on the other side.

So I knew it was unbagged when I decided to grow it. You know how it is, when the seedlings have the right leaf type you forget all about these details... at least, I totally forgot about it until I looked for the original package.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2014   #57
bluebonnets
Tomatovillian™

Yes, those sound like mine. Bummer! So sorry guys!
bluebonnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2014   #58
bower
Tomatovillian™

No sweat, bluebonnets, at least we have it sorted out now.
Bummer about your seeds, though. Hope we can all get some good seed of T6 for the future..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebonnets View Post
Yes, those sound like mine. Bummer! So sorry guys!
bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2014   #59
bluebonnets
Tomatovillian™

Thanks! Already tossed mine. Still hurts to toss seeds even when they have "issues".
bluebonnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2015   #60
2mnyrzs
Tomatovillian™

Default Tarasenko 6

Just bought some Taresenko 6 seeds at Tatiana's site.
2mnyrzs is offline   Reply With Quote