Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 12, 2012   #16
beatpoet
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILMNET View Post
Velcro tape
I use that stuff as well. Love the fact that I can reuse it year to year and easy to adjust if things need moved around.
Old July 12, 2012   #17
noinwi
Tomatovillian™

I picked some macrame cord a few years ago at a thrift store. I would take it out to the plants and cut what I needed to tie stems, branches, trusses, etc to supports, usually stakes. At the end of the season I saved all the ties and washed them and bagged them up for future use. Here we have a lot of T-storms throughout the summer and it is also very windy. I'll tie up a heavy truss or branch that has been bent by heavy rain and wind. I also have a bag of those knit loops that are used for making pot holders. Those work pretty well too. I just cut them open. They are similar to using T-shirt strips.
noinwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2012   #18
tedln

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILMNET View Post
Velcro tape

Good idea!
Old July 12, 2012   #19
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

Staple gun for the wooden stick, you can tie up anything socks, plastic bags, nets for onions bought at stores. with a staple gun to the wood stick.
FILMNET is offline   Reply With Quote