Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 22, 2019   #1
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Default Muddy Bucket Farm Wet Report

Looking back to the night when we got 9 inches of rain, the downpours have continued and the mud is really deep. My seedlings all have wet feet and the garden in on a sloping piece of real estate. Here's a couple of pix's showing what I found this afternoon. You can see the wet mud in almost every view.

I can't get in there to cut weeds and I also can't plant seedlings.

So, here's the view. The plant at the right edge of the frame is a Cherokee Purple with three larger (10 oz plus) very green and very much bursting skins.

2019View1.JPG

The beans are approaching the time to harvest and I can only look at the ends of this 110 foot row.

Beans&Row2&4.JPG

This Shadow Boxing Type 4 is really showing a bunch of Antho - even the stems.

ShadowBoxingT4Antho.JPG

Black Bear has as many blooms as a good productive cherry. I hope it isn't a cherry.
R8P21BlackBear.JPG

For KarenO, this is Polaris. It is showing a lot of antho in the stem, but is typical of the leggy seedlings I now have due to not being able to get into the garden. This was the last plant to go into the garden. My muddy tracks were washed away this morning by the latest deluge.

R6P11Polaris.JPG

And, also for KarenO, this is Karma Purple Multiflora. I expected more blooms, but this season is so out of whack that I'll have to wait for more info from the plant.

R8P14KarmaPurpleMultiflora.JPG
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote