Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old August 2, 2010   #16
Medbury Gardens
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmall View Post
I do feel sorry for anyone who would dumb enough to pay that much for seeds or plants.

My 2 cents
Adam
I'm going to be doing my best to spread the word among NZ gardeners.
Medbury Gardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2, 2010   #17
GunnarSK
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medbury Gardens View Post
I'm going to be doing my best to spread the word among NZ gardeners.
It's fortunate that you can buy Peron and a lot of other tomatoes from Adam Gleckler at ordinary human prices. He probably also ships to NZ.
GunnarSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3, 2010   #18
jhp
Tomatovillian™

I bought a pack of 250 seeds of one of those varieties from tomatogrowers.com for $8.35. A much better deal! Ha ha! I hope no one ever buys from these thieves. I've seen those ads in the Sunday paper over the years too. They just reek of BS.

Jen
jhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3, 2010   #19
tedln

I would guess someone is buying from them. They must have some income in order to keep running those expensive adds. I assume someone is usually out there dreaming up new ways to separate me from my money so I get more irritated at the media (newspaper, radio, television) who make a profit by encouraging the ripoff artists.

Why is the media not required to perform due diligence on the ads they run. I'm just glad we have skin creams that will remove wrinkles, organic based lotions to regrow hair, and special formulas to enhance my performance with my lady.

Ted
Old August 3, 2010   #20
Medbury Gardens
Tomatovillian™

Not only are they very expensive seeds,they are also poor quality as well,talking with a person yesterday that bought the "giant tree tomato"last season,he said it never grew over a meter and only produced 10 pathetic fruit.
Medbury Gardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3, 2010   #21
shlacm
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedln View Post
I would guess someone is buying from them. They must have some income in order to keep running those expensive adds. I assume someone is usually out there dreaming up new ways to separate me from my money so I get more irritated at the media (newspaper, radio, television) who make a profit by encouraging the ripoff artists.

Why is the media not required to perform due diligence on the ads they run. I'm just glad we have skin creams that will remove wrinkles, organic based lotions to regrow hair, and special formulas to enhance my performance with my lady.

Ted
Not just performance, but size!!! LOL!!! When I worked in retail, one of the most frequently shoplifted items; Enzyte!!! Imagine getting busted stealing THAT!
shlacm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3, 2010   #22
tedln

It takes something else to be a shoplifter. Without the something else, the enzyte won't work.

Now that I have my wrinkle remover, my hair restorer, and my enzyte; I only need to order my "guaranteed to lose 30 lbs in 30 days" pills. I will need too order a two month supply of the pills though. I'm gonna be a whole new man. I understand the weight loss pills are some form of speed. They may put me in a mental institution, but I sure will look good dressed in white with wrap around sleeves.

I think I will also order some great tomato seeds I saw advertised and some teeth whitener. They say you can put the tooth whitener strips in your mouth at bedtime and wake up in the morning with a beautiful smile. I wonder if it will work if you just put the strip in the glass of water with your teeth.

I'm positive it will all work because all the television news channels say "trust us". I'm sure my newspaper wouldn't lie to me. I certainly trust all the commentators on the radio.

Ted
Old August 3, 2010   #23
shlacm
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedln View Post
Now that I have my wrinkle remover, my hair restorer, and my enzyte; I only need to order my "guaranteed to lose 30 lbs in 30 days" pills. I will need too order a two month supply of the pills though. I'm gonna be a whole new man. I understand the weight loss pills are some form of speed. They may put me in a mental institution, but I sure will look good dressed in white with wrap around sleeves.
Naw, they don't sell Ephedra anymore - at least, not in diet pills. The ones they do sell are probably completely useless as far as weight loss... kidney or liver damage, well that's another story, lol.
shlacm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4, 2010   #24
elmtree3
Tomatovillian™

I think the ad should say "Seeds FROM 2 plants". That would justify that price! Sheesh!
elmtree3 is offline   Reply With Quote