Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old May 23, 2017   #1
gssgarden
Tomatovillian™

Default Whoa...My Big Beef is getting beat by..

Cherokee Carbon!!

Now I know it's early but I've counted 21 little babies on it compared to 16 on Big Beef. Cherokee Purple is 3rd with 15!

My BB has NEVER been beat! Vegas still has the odds on BB but I can't wait to see how it turns out and I will count every single one of them!

Grew her last year and it was a production monster as well with GREAT flavor!

This years theme is Top Ten so I'm growing all my all-time favorites for flavor and looking to see how it compares to my other favs like CP, Shannon's, KBX, Green Giant, Berkeley Tie Dye, and Indian Stripe. Still a long way off from a tasting but looking forward to it!

Plant is nice and healthy as well.

Greg
gssgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2017   #2
jillian
Tomatovillian™

Nice! I grew Cherokee Carbon last year but lost it midseason to herbicide drift. It was doing well up to that point. I am also growing several from your list, (Big Beef, Green Giant, Indian Stripe), along with a dozen or so other varieties. I got a late start this year but so far so good. First time growing Big Beef and Green Giant. Keep us posted on your progress!
jillian is offline   Reply With Quote