Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old February 25, 2012   #16
barefootgardener
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWestGardener View Post
Ginny, it looks like Wpp to me. Remember you shared seeds with me last year . They produced in clusters and productive.
Hi NewWestGardener, Yes I remember sharing/sending the WPP seed saved from my 2010 garden to you last season.... Did the ripe fruits look like what is in this picture? My WPP always had green when ripe shoulders..But I was not able to get ripe fruit in 2011 from the saved seeds from 2010 season, the same ones I sent you..

I am trying again this year, from same seeds I sent you, and from saved seeds from the fruit in the picture that are saved from 2011..I will grow out both in the GH and compare. Did you get any pictures taken of the fruit?

I am wondering if the color of fruit was different because this one plant grew in the GH where temps are much warmer at the ripening stage in the fall. Will be interesting to see..

Ginny
barefootgardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2012   #17
barefootgardener
Tomatovillian™

Well I found one picture so far. In the foreground is Wessel's Purple Pride, grown in my garden 2010. Note the green shoulders and color of fruit. The shape seems more pointed at bottom to me..

Tell me what you think when you compare pictures of the two..

Ginny
barefootgardener is offline   Reply With Quote