Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old October 4, 2010   #1
Stepheninky
Tomatovillian™

Default pinakbet !!! Bonsai Chile

This link describes how to make a hot pepper bonsai tree out of the peppers you grow in the regular season. Thought it was pretty cool and remembered pinakbet in a post saying a bonsai pepper plant would be cool so here is how to make it for anyone interested.

http://www.fatalii.net/growing/index...=95&Itemid=105
Stepheninky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4, 2010   #2
Tom C zone 4/5
Tomatovillian™

Um, this is the second thread on this site about pruning pepper plants to bonsai shapes.

Long ago ina different (gardenweb) galaxy there was a fairly long thread about this topic. FWIW most hobbyists who do train bonsai hold their hobby dear. As with any hobby that is a life long pursuit some growers are gonna like an idea, others will find that idea anathama.

At least some of the fun of growing anything is watching the fights between differing growers. I am pleased at how well (and closely to speculators imagining) the plants tolerated this horticultural practice.

If there is one larger thought I'd like you to take away from bonsai chili thread, It is the next time somebody insists that "x" tree cannot be pruned down to a smaller size, recall this site and how a grower stump pruned a 10 foot tall plant down to under a foot tall.
Old October 4, 2010   #3
peebee
Tomatovillian™

That IS cool, super cool; thanks for providing that link. What will they think up next--bonsai tomatoes, or let me guess, that's already been done? I'd better start searching for that now.
peebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5, 2010   #4
pinakbet
Tomatovillian™

Wow thanks Stephen! I'm flattered that you still remembered that I mentioned it before. Thanks for the link.

what's next?... bonsai eggplants?
pinakbet is offline   Reply With Quote