Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

MAGTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Mid-Atlantic Growers Tomato Appreciation Group

Old March 1, 2009   #1
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Default It's March - let's set a date!

So which Saturday in August do we want to hold MAGTAG 2009? The 22nd has been suggested - which sounds good to me. Any other dates? It's such a crapshoot - we scheduled MAGTAG 2008 earlier so that more tomatoes would be ripe, and the growing season was slooooow.

I'm ready to call Baltimore County and reserve our usual pavilion, if nobody has any objection. I have plenty of time to make phone calls these days!
Old March 1, 2009   #2
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

P.S. I'm already working on this year's flyer/poster. As I mentioned, I have lots of time on my hands.
Old March 1, 2009   #3
stormymater
Tomatovillian™

Can displaced Mid-Atlantic folk come? Barring hurricane would love to roll up 95....
Old March 2, 2009   #4
gflynn
MAGTAG™

Are you kidding?

We have had some NY folks before. Trudy came in our first year and did a talk on Winter Sowing. Honu from HI was here last year. She had business in the area. I just sent her some seed.

Greg
Old March 2, 2009   #5
gflynn
MAGTAG™

Cecilia and All,

I just talked to the DW and she says ok for August 22nd so I am in for that date.

Greg
Old March 5, 2009   #6
Adenn1
Tomatovillian™

August 22nd would work for me!
Old March 5, 2009   #7
cdbva
Tomatovillian™

August 22nd sounds fine.

Christine
Old March 12, 2009   #8
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Hello, everybody - well, based on responses from both this and the OTHER forum, August 22 seems to be a good choice. So as soon as I've got the pavilion reserved, I will make the official announcement.

I apologize for being incommunicado for a while. I think either I caught a bug or the chemo is finally catching up with me, but I've been home sick all week - mostly just feeling too rundown to drive 25 miles to work each way. Secondly, our home computer had a virus and DH Dave just wiped the hard drive and reinstalled software, so this is the first day that I've had internet access.

Anyway I left a message with Baltimore County today to reserve our usual pavilion (unless somebody else has beat us to it, which I doubt.) That's one thing I can do while I'm laid up!

P.S. all my my Mid-Atlantic market varieties have been started: Greater Baltimore, Chesapeake, Sunray, Scarab, and Del Mar. In addition, I planted a bunch of other varieties for family and friends, which I hope they will bring along to the fest.