Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

CHOPTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Cincinnati Heirloom Open Pollinated Tomato Associate Growers

Old May 7, 2011   #1
JerryL
Tomatovillian™

Default 2011 Taste Fest Date

For those at the plant swap that asked:

The Taste Fest date is Saturday, Aug 27th starting at 11:30 and going until whenever.

See ya all there.
Old May 7, 2011   #2
Barbee
Tomatovillian™

I'll be there
For all of you who weren't able to make it today, you really missed out on some nice varieties. I came home with quite a few new to me tomatoes and that wasn't in the plans at all..I couldn't resist!
Always great to see you guys. Lurley, it was a pleasure meeting you today. And our president Jerry, thanks for all you do for us

Last edited by Barbee; May 7, 2011 at 06:07 PM. Reason: forgot the "ed"
Old July 3, 2011   #3
lurley
Tomatovillian™

I'll be there too. At least it's late enough maybe I'll have some tomatoes to bring too. I'm down to trying to get the last 100 in the ground.
Old August 7, 2011   #4
JerryL
Tomatovillian™

It's time to start talking this up a bit.

It's only 20 days away.

Old August 7, 2011   #5
Lee
Tomatopalooza™ Moderator

Ok, I'll start! If you haven't been to this event, you're in for a great
time. Wonderful bunch of folks with a great passion for maters.... and
of course Earl's pork ain't half bad either!

I would love to attend another one of these events, but I start a new job
this week and won't be able to take the time off for the drive... maybe next year though.

Good luck all for a great event!

Lee

Cuostralee - The best thing on sliced bread.
Old August 8, 2011   #6
Barbee
Tomatovillian™

My tomatoes are coming on now in full force!
Woohoo, I hope I have some left for the tasting. If not, I'll just tell you all how delicious they are
Can't wait to see everyone again. I missed last year's tasting so I'll need to sample twice as many varieties!
Old August 10, 2011   #7
lurley
Tomatovillian™

Still not sure if I'll have much in the way of tomatoes this year, maybe I'll have three or four varieties. Luckily I'm a great baker and can bring sweet yummy goodies!
Old August 10, 2011   #8
beatpoet
Tomatovillian™

If things keep progressing as they have for me so far, I should have a decent batch to bring with me.
Old August 15, 2011   #9
Barbee
Tomatovillian™

I have got tomatoes running out my ears right now. Ain't that the way it always goes!
Oh well, I should have plenty for the tasting too. Not sure what I'll bring food wise. Hopefully, more folks will check in soon!
Old August 16, 2011   #10
lurley
Tomatovillian™

If anyone is inundated with tomatoes that they can't use, I will take all you bring for canning. Does anyone want eggplant, okra, or any hot peppers?
Old August 18, 2011   #11
JerryL
Tomatovillian™

Some info and directions.

As usual we’ll use Paxton Ramsey Park. http://www.miamitwp.org/index.php?op...d=87&Itemid=91

Bring the fruits of your labor and share with others. Of course food is always welcome.

Everyone is welcome to join us. This is a family affair, so bring the kids, the parents, the grandparents and anyone else that likes tomatoes.

There is only one rule. Bring tomatoes or bring food. You can of course bring both.

Hope to see everyone there.

Directions to the park:

If you are coming from the North, Down I-75 or I-71 you’ll want to take I275 East to exit 54 (Wards Corner Rd). Using the CENTER lane turn LEFT off the exit. This will put you in the right hand lane on Wards Corner Rd. Turn RIGHT at the 1st street, Loveland-Miamiville Rd. Go about 7/10 of a mile and turn RIGHT on Price Rd. The park is at the top of the hill, about ½ mile, on the right.

If your coming from the South up I-71/75 take I-275 North to exit 54 (Wards Corner Rd). Turn Right off the exit. Stay in the right hand lane. Turn RIGHT at the 1st street, Loveland-Miamiville Rd. Go about 7/10 of a mile and turn RIGHT on Price Rd. The park is at the top of the hill, about ½ mile, on the right.

For those coming from Indiana on I74 use I-275 through Kentucky continuing to exit 54 (Wards Corner Rd). Turn Right off the exit. Stay in the right hand lane. Turn RIGHT at the 1st street, Loveland-Miamiville Rd. Go about 7/10 of a mile and turn RIGHT on Price Rd. The park is at the top of the hill, about ½ mile, on the right.
Old August 21, 2011   #12
Barbee
Tomatovillian™

I have started labeling the tomatoes that I'll be bringing so I remember what is what. I should have a nice selection of about 12 varieties including the Dwarf Sweet Scarlett.
See you all next Saturday!
Old August 21, 2011   #13
beatpoet
Tomatovillian™

I'll probably be bringing between 3 and 6 varieties. 3 are a sure bet, the others have plenty of fruit on the plant, just playing the waiting game on ripening, lost the first fruits on a couple of those to BER.
Old August 22, 2011   #14
Earl
Tomatovillian™

Hello Friends,
Kathy and I will not be there [except in spirit] for the Taste Fest. I've got skin cancer surgery on Friday. But just as well, for a number of reasons, my tomato growing has gone to heck sitting atop a gas soaked bale of hay. Of the few I finally did get planted none are ripe. I'll find out what went on reading your forum posts and hopefully get to see some pictures. Y'all have fun and taste a few for me. Take care. Earl and Kathy
Old August 22, 2011   #15
Sherry_AK
Tomatovillian™

Earl -- Good wishes to you with your surgery. Pls let us know how you're doing.

Sherry