Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Historical background information for varieties handed down from bygone days.

Old May 28, 2009   #61
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree View Post
Hi
Maybe Taps or Polish C ?

Neil G. (Canada)
Yes Neil, it was Taps and Craig reminded me of that when he called yesterday about something else and I asked him if he remembered.

He says he was able to stabilize it and thinks that it wasn't stable when it was first listed. I haven't gone back to see who did first list it and when.

The Polish C situation was a bit different. I have RL and PL versions of several varieties and individually they're stable but I don't list or distribute seeds for a wrong leaf form, except I did offer the RL version of Polish C in a seed offer I did at GW quite a few years ago b'c the taste is great and several folks wanted it and didn't care about leaf form and I asked them not to distribute the wrong leaf form. At the time I didn't have the correct PL leaf form

I also have several varieties in both red and pink versions, which isn't all that rare, but don't distribute the wrong color for those either.

Yes, I know there's Amana Pink and Yellow Riesentraube and Yellow Ping Pong and on and on, but I prefer not to knowingly distribute either wrong leaf versions or wrong color versions for specific varieties.

I was a bit surprised when Glenn at Sandhill listed a pink Cuostralee for 2009 and he cited the comment in my book that I did have both red and pink versions of that one. So his red Cuostralee obviously sustained an epidermis mutation from yellow to clear, just as mine had.
Old June 19, 2009   #62
tootaloo
Tomatovillian™

hello i got seeds in a trade. This year i grew them out . I got 2 pl and 2 reg. leaf. So i get to bring one of each type to the Choptag.{please start producing} I gave a pl away here. I wish I knew who I got the seeds from. Well this should be fun. Susan
tootaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2009   #63
travis
Tomatovillian™

Were your seeds represented as "True Black Brandywine" or just "Black Brandywine?"
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2009   #64
tootaloo
Tomatovillian™

Just 2 words. Black Brandywine. I hope they are a great tasting tomato. Susan
tootaloo is offline   Reply With Quote