Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old March 30, 2019   #1471
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad.kelpie View Post
I'm growing KARMA Peach and KARMA Purple Multiflora. The peach is bigger, but I had great germination with both. I have a few more potted up, but these 2 will be in the "main" garden, which is my community garden plot this year.
Very nice.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2019   #1472
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Wonderful to see these plants ! Looking great
You guys are all ahead of me, mine are just starting
Karen
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2019   #1473
Hudson_WY
Tomatovillian™

Cheers from the high mountain cold country of Smoot, Wyoming @ 6,500' elevation, 2' of snow still on the ground and sub-freezing temperatures every night! Karma's (Pink) don't know that yet - haha. We planted the seeds on March 4th and they have been under grow lights in our home since. 4 for 4 germinated and are looking good. We heat our Greenhouse beginning the middle of March so Karma will be joining other Tomato plants already planted there soon.
Thanks for the seeds - excited to try Karma Pink this year!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0551.jpg (417.2 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0986.jpg (303.7 KB, 195 views)
Hudson_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2019   #1474
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson_WY View Post
Cheers from the high mountain cold country of Smoot, Wyoming @ 6,500' elevation, 2' of snow still on the ground and sub-freezing temperatures every night! Karma's (Pink) don't know that yet - haha. We planted the seeds on March 4th and they have been under grow lights in our home since. 4 for 4 germinated and are looking good. We heat our Greenhouse beginning the middle of March so Karma will be joining other Tomato plants already planted there soon.
Thanks for the seeds - excited to try Karma Pink this year!
They are gorgeous! Nice job, you are going to love them. That snow looks ominous.
Old April 3, 2019   #1475
wxcrawler
Tomatovillian™

Default KARMA Pink wow

Shockingly, my KARMA Pink has a fruit. I started the seed Feb 2. It’s definitely first this year. It’s in a 15 gallon Smart Pot.

Lee
Tulsa, OK
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1ACB411C-636E-464D-8BFB-499080422484.jpg (487.1 KB, 161 views)
wxcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3, 2019   #1476
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

They are early, you can expect first ripe one around 60-65 days from transplant or under 110 days from seed
Looking great !
KarenO
Old April 3, 2019   #1477
wxcrawler
Tomatovillian™

I think I was right in that 105-110 day range last year.

Lee
wxcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2019   #1478
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Hi all.
I have bad news. I had my last plants in cork nursery in which they were KARMA and seeds of Northern Gardener. I have them during the day in full sun and during the night I leave them inside my house since it is cold during the night. my yorkshire dog with its mouth full of earth ..... and I imagined the worst. When I went up to see the seedbed was totally destroyed, my dog has spent the night digging the seedbed, it's weird because she never I had done ... I have felt very bad and sad.
I think I will be able to save a few of KARMA peach, KARMA purple, polaris and taiga

Nico.
NicolasGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2019   #1479
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasGarcia View Post
Hi all.
I have bad news. I had my last plants in cork nursery in which they were KARMA and seeds of Northern Gardener. I have them during the day in full sun and during the night I leave them inside my house since it is cold during the night. my yorkshire dog with its mouth full of earth ..... and I imagined the worst. When I went up to see the seedbed was totally destroyed, my dog has spent the night digging the seedbed, it's weird because she never I had done ... I have felt very bad and sad.
I think I will be able to save a few of KARMA peach, KARMA purple, polaris and taiga
Oh no! Nico, I have more seeds, I can send them right away. Please let me know what you need. Send me that request by pm please.
Old April 13, 2019   #1480
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Hi, Marsha.
Thank you very much for the offer, but maybe for the next season, in a few weeks I will start planting the rest of the tomatoes in my garden and I think it's too late. For the experience that I have, whenever I have cultivated later than I should, it has not worked for me and the plants have not developed well, I think it is already hot and they need a bit of cold to harden.
Thank you

Nico.
Old April 13, 2019   #1481
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Hi, Marsha.
Thank you very much for the offer, but maybe for the next season, in a few weeks I will start planting the rest of the tomatoes in my garden and I think it's too late. For the experience that I have, whenever I have cultivated later than I should, it has not worked for me and the plants have not developed well, I think it is already hot and they need a bit of cold to harden.
Thank you
Ok, but for next year, I still have seeds.You can get them anytime.
Old April 13, 2019   #1482
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Hi all.
Awe Nico I’m sorry to hear that.. we have all had some sort of tomato disaster over the years. I hope you can salvage a few plants after all.
Please ask if you want more seeds for next time
Karen
Old April 13, 2019   #1483
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Thank you .

Nico.
Old April 15, 2019   #1484
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

My first pink KARMA flowers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019-04-15_10-23-34-451.jpg (201.2 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg 2019-04-15_10-25-34-584.jpg (208.5 KB, 96 views)

Nico.
Old April 17, 2019   #1485
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Hi all.
I show you some pictures of KARMA pink from a friend who lives in Murcia (SPAIN). Murcia is located in the southeast of the Iberian Peninsula, 40 kilometers from the Mediterranean Sea.
He is a great farmer.
greetings
Nico
Attached Images
File Type: jpg karma pink jperpa.jpg (283.9 KB, 67 views)

Nico.