Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 21, 2017   #1

Default Blush and Sweet Treats Tomatoes

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say that Blush and Sweet Treats are two new varieties for me that I am growing this year. I had my first ripe Blush last week and besides being the most beautiful looking tomato I have grown, the flavor is incredible. Sweet with old fashion tomato flavor. I was really knocked out. Delicious.

This morning I had my first ripe Sweet Treats which is marketing as one of the first pink cherry tomatoes. It is a large cherry and to me it doesn't look super pink but is a little different color than the red tomatoes. It was ripe and ready to eat and all I can say is wow, it is delicious. I am excited as there are so many green tomatoes on this plant and can't wait to share them with family and friends.

Have you had any new standouts so far this year? I hope you are having a great season so far.

Happy Gardening,

Old June 22, 2017   #2
bower
Tomatovillian™

I'm way behind you Karma, maybe a month or more before I'll get to taste a fruit here. I grew Blush couple years ago and really liked it, it's on the short list of really great tasting tomatoes for me.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2017   #3
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

Yes, Blush was very tasty for me too, I grew them some years ago. Another standout from the same designing house - Pink Tiger. Excellent. and not so tricky color-wise.
I seem to love pink tomatoes (Tarasenko Pink is another favorite, as weell as some pink hearts), although yellow and orange cherries have great contenders too.
This year the 'best variety' award goes to whatever gets ripe first - really curious. Perhaps Aztek (the micro dwarf), or an unnamed cross from the MMMM swap, or Tarasenko Rozovyi (Pink).
NarnianGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2017   #4
MuddyToes
Tomatovillian™

I'm growing blush this year and have fruits that should ripen soon. I hope I like the tomatoes. This is the first time I've grown it. But I think I will grow it again next year whether I like the taste or not. I love to just smell the plant! It's sort of sweet and "citrusy" smelling.
MuddyToes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2017   #5
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

I'd recommend growing all Freds tomatoes, they rock.
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote