Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for environmentally-friendly alternatives to replace synthetic chemicals and fertilizers.

Old March 21, 2012   #1
treeshaker
Tomatovillian™

Default tomato tone

i saw tomato tone in walmart just yoday--looks like i won't be paying shipping anymore.
treeshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2012   #2
RebelRidin
Tomatovillian™

What kind of price did they have on it?

George

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure."
Thomas Jefferson, 1787
RebelRidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2012   #3
janezee
Tomatovillian™

Well, you know darn well I won't be buying from Ozbo again.

Thanks for the news about WallyWorld. I'll see if my need outweighs my moral objections for once.

j
janezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2012   #4
RebelRidin
Tomatovillian™

What did I miss Janezee? What about Ozbo ???

George

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure."
Thomas Jefferson, 1787
Old March 21, 2012   #5
treeshaker
Tomatovillian™

Default wally world tom. tone

i think it was 9.98 and it was about 6to 8 lb it was up high and i didm not pick it up as i still have a rearly full bag-the bag color is not the same as i ordered-maybe the old stuff?? i better go back and buy a bag huh?
Old March 21, 2012   #6
janezee
Tomatovillian™

Sorry, George, I hadn't noticed that I wasn't on the Tomato Tone Sale thread, where I explained my problem.

After ordering 4 items for the garden, Bio Tone, Tomato Tone, molasses and twine on March 10, and being charged for them, I still hadn't received a shipping notification. When I emailed to see what was the hold-up, I received a reply that my order was not going to be shipped until MAY because something was backordered. It turns out that while they waited for everything to 'come together,' they just sold the TT they sold to me to someone else and shipped it to them, and didn't notify me of the delay.

I am not pleased that 1.) it was in stock, 2.) they charged me for it, 3.) aren't sending it, 4.) didn't notify me, and 5.) gave me a hard time about it when I called. I made it a point to say it wasn't "Michelle's" fault, but the system's, and I didn't appreciate it. When I asked that they substitute 10 4-lb. bags, it was if I was crazy. <sigh>
I noticed that others on the thread had ordered after me, and got their stuff already. When I told Michelle that, she all but called me a liar. Told me I must be 'mistaken.' She finally agreed to send my other items, and put my TT on backorder to be shipped as soon as they get it. Seems there's "some problem with the manufacturer."

I am not a happy camper.
Old March 22, 2012   #7
RebelRidin
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by janezee View Post
...When I asked that they substitute 10 4-lb. bags, it was if I was crazy. <sigh>
I noticed that others on the thread had ordered after me, and got their stuff already. When I told Michelle that, she all but called me a liar. Told me I must be 'mistaken.' She finally agreed to send my other items, and put my TT on backorder to be shipped as soon as they get it. Seems there's "some problem with the manufacturer."

I am not a happy camper.
I am sorry to hear that. That really stinks. I feel guilty too as I lucked out with mine...

In the interest of easing my conscience I offer to accept any bad karma that might come from you buying some at Walmart Janezee...

George

Thomas Jefferson, 1787
Old March 22, 2012   #8
RebelRidin
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeshaker View Post
i think it was 9.98 and it was about 6to 8 lb it was up high and i didm not pick it up as i still have a rearly full bag-the bag color is not the same as i ordered-maybe the old stuff?? i better go back and buy a bag huh?

TreeShaker,

Epsoma sells 4, 8 and 20 lb bags. I got mine from Ozbo after I noticed that a 20lb bag at the locally nursery was $22 this year. If that is an 8lb bag i guess that price is reasonable.

I am not sure if you would need to worry about there not being enough to go around though. What Ozbo was calling a problem with their supplier may just mean that they didn't reserve enough and thier supplier wouldn't bump other retailers in favor of them. If they were going to put something on sale like that it seems that someone should have done their homework.

Where I work we often have customers who want us to put their interests above our other customers when they have problems with their scheduling. I imagine we are to blame when we can't help them too.

George

Thomas Jefferson, 1787
Old March 22, 2012   #9
treeshaker
Tomatovillian™

hiya- checked at wally-world they have tomato tone 3-4-6 #8 for $9.97

k-mart has tomato tone 3-4-6 #4 for 6.29

hope this helps herb
Old March 22, 2012   #10
RebelRidin
Tomatovillian™

You know I looked around and quite few online places showed Tomato-Tone out of stock????

George

Thomas Jefferson, 1787
Old March 22, 2012   #11
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelRidin View Post
You know I looked around and quite few online places showed Tomato-Tone out of stock????
Did you ever try to buy your wife's Valentine's Day card on Feb 13? I've been burned many years waiting until then.

Same with Tomato-tone - huge demand at this time of the year. Best time to order online is in November.

Raybo
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2012   #12
Hastings
Tomatovillian™

I ordered March 14th and my 20 lb bag of tomato tone came along with the 40 lb bag of plant tone and a gallon of neptune's harvest seaweed/fish fertilizer. Everything was exactly what I wanted and I couldn't have asked for a better price, almost 1/2 of Walmart's prices and, really, next to no shipping charges, especially considering the weight that was shipped.
Old March 22, 2012   #13
janezee
Tomatovillian™

What really killed me about the situation is that they had no intention of shipping to me until May, nor were they going to notify me. They were going to keep my money, though.

I'll get my Bio Tone, though, and that's what I needed more right now. I'm glad I called.
Old March 22, 2012   #14
janezee
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelRidin View Post
I am sorry to hear that. That really stinks. I feel guilty too as I lucked out with mine...

In the interest of easing my conscience I offer to accept any bad karma that might come from you buying some at Walmart Janezee...
No need to feel guilty, George, but I really appreciate the offer on the karma!!!

The closest Walmart and K-Mart are 40 miles away. It'll cost me more than $4.95 to go get it myself.... <sigh>