Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old January 25, 2020   #61
tomatoaddict

Yes I also wanted to order but there's no option to add to your cart. Hope he is well
Old February 8, 2020   #62
gardenmermaid
Tomatovillian™

On the main page of the Double Helix website, Steve tells about his health struggles and how they cost him his whole 2018-2019 season, the paragraph above the pictures of tomatoes has a link in the last sentence if you want to read about it. He was hoping to pull it back together and try again, but he hasn't posted an update I can see since February of 2019. I hope he is doing better as well. If you read this, Steve, let us know how you are doing, we would like to help support you. I will even buy old seeds if it would help get you going again.
gardenmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2021   #63
loeb
Tomatovillian™

I can't even open the site now... I would also buy an old seeds.. I had a little wishlist there. Maybe someone have planted J-Pope variety? red canner with skin that was supposed to slip off the fruit easily.. I was very curious about it.
loeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2021   #64
DK2021
Tomatovillian™

I found the Double Helix website but it appears that it is defunct? At least I don't see a way of adding items to a shopping cart.
On the landing page I read that the owner had been quite ill. Does anyone know how he is doing? I would buy older seed too.
DK2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2021   #65
skelly
Tomatovillian™

Default Is Galactic Magic Still Active?

A few weeks ago I ordered some tomato seeds from Blane Horton's Galactic Magic site and the payment was accepted (via PayPal) but there was never any acknowledgment from Galactic Magic. Due to Holiday Season I probably should not yet be concerned (I live in Canada) but I've become worried that the seed source is no longer in operation and my money has gone into a dark hole somewhere! Can anyone confirm that Blane Horton &/or Galactic Magic still exist? Thanks.
JS
skelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2021   #66
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelly View Post
A few weeks ago I ordered some tomato seeds from Blane Horton's Galactic Magic site and the payment was accepted (via PayPal) but there was never any acknowledgment from Galactic Magic. Due to Holiday Season I probably should not yet be concerned (I live in Canada) but I've become worried that the seed source is no longer in operation and my money has gone into a dark hole somewhere! Can anyone confirm that Blane Horton &/or Galactic Magic still exist? Thanks.
JS
I have no idea, but I do know most people won’t see your question buried in an unrelated thread like this.
If you post the question as a new thread in general discussion you may get an answer.
Best to Email the vendor and he should answer you.
If not, that may also be an answer.
Good luck, let us know how it goes.
KarenO
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1, 2022   #67
DK2021
Tomatovillian™

I placed an order with Galactic Magic in December and received the seeds quite promptly.
DK2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2, 2022   #68
skelly
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2021 View Post
I placed an order with Galactic Magic in December and received the seeds quite promptly.
Thanks for the message. I just need to be patient about the holiday mail. Your confirmation that things are still active there is all I needed. Many thanks.
JS
skelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
double helix farms heirloom tomato seeds