Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old August 17, 2015   #1
zipcode
Tomatovillian™

Default Anything like texas tomato food in Europe?

I'm growing in containers again this year, and production has been ok, but kind of front loaded (started good in first 2 trusses, then went downhill). I am doing organic fertilizer plus addition of epsom salts and microelements (I have access to quite pure chemicals).
My biggest problem is again that taste is not fantastic as last year in the garden. It started really good for first fruits, but now only Azoychka and Galina (both yellow, odd) have kept pretty good taste. Big beef is a spitter, tastes like grass (actual grass )
So I thought about trying a full hydroponic formula for tomatoes, where everything has certain ratios, etc. Not many options, especially at retail level (can't afford a 25kg bag of Yara). TTF for 1 gal has reasonable price and seems to have everything. (does anyone have the label for it to see if it actually does have everything?).

In Europe there's nothing. Nova grow has here an astounding price of 23 euro per less than a liter (!), Sensi a+b is 25 per 2 liter (that's the max I would go) but is like 5-2-5 in total, too much N, probably meant for smoking weeds not fruiting weeds.

So, what options do I have?
zipcode is offline   Reply With Quote