Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 1, 2016   #11
oakley
Tomatovillian™

Snackers can be unique because they are often eaten/tasted in the garden. Especially early morning where i am, 6am is often cool 55-60, foggy/damp, with a black cup of coffee, barely awake. Sweater/fleece. 75-80 by 8-9am.

Sun Gold and CubanYellowGrape with that citrus lemony burst. Very different than a few collected for a breakfast BLT. Still chilled by picking early morn.

I have a few more 'snacker' this year and i bet will sing the same picked morning cool.

Sure SunGold will be beat but it is such a lover by many in so many places...seems to fit the profile of a unique taste. Especially after a dark black cup of coffee...

I grew up on Scrapple and love CodBritches/roe. Both clear the house unless it is a childhood familiar acquired 'taste'.

Cilantro 'soap' has always fascinated me. At work it seems 5%. When i make a big batch of salsa i make a small batch with wild thyme/basil or tarragon. Most love cilantro.
Only one hates both toms and cilantro but he takes 12 sugars in his coffee and fill up the rest of the cup with a non-dairy flavored cream. His food must be sweet all day...that is one percent...candy all day and will suffer someday...
oakley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flavor , profile , tasting , unique