Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 28, 2017   #31
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmark View Post
Read what Lung.Org says, and others who work in the field. Information gathering is a long process, wade through the pros and cons, and don't forget to read the sites that have people who actually look at lungs every day. I really enjoyed studying philosophy concerning, "what is the truth."
This falls in line with the electric nicotine vapor smoking devises.
Some of this oil stuff is made in China.
Lord only know what any of this stuff domestic or not will do to you in the long run.
Do I trust my lungs and health to anything made in China.
Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2017   #32
HappyGardener23
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmforcier View Post
That is a lot, but from what I understand you have to use a lot if you ingest orally rather than burning spleefage.
From what I understand, when you buy an oral form from a dispensary (tincture, RSO syringe, edibles, etc.) they only calculate the amount of "usable" cannabis in the item not the amount of herb that was used to make the item. For instance, RSO is a very concentrated oil that I think takes a lot of whole herb to yield a small amount of oil. Additionally, they seem to be more concerned about regulating THC vs CBD so a strain higher in THC will be deemed to have more "usable" cannabis than a low THC strain. In the case of my father, with the respiratory problems associated with ALS we didn't want him to use any method that could compromise his lungs. He uses RSO oil that we encapsulate with coconut oil and he takes as any other pill. A 1000 mg. syringe contains between 2-4 g. of "usable" cannabis. We were advised to start him at a dose equal to 1/2 grain of rice, which is very tiny, thus a syringe lasts a loooong time. That said, I've read that when people are using RSO for cancer "treatment" they are supposed to work up to something like 1 g. of RSO oil PER DAY which I can hardly imagine not putting someone in a serious stupor/coma....as for edibles, I have no idea about those but I have been told that they are dosed in 10-20mg. "servings" from the dispensary and people are advised to break those into small portions. I have a friend who was in CO (recreational use legal) and she reported that 1/4 of a brownie (presumably at 10-20 mg. total) packed a major wallop.
HappyGardener23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2017   #33
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGardener23 View Post
From what I understand, when you buy an oral form from a dispensary (tincture, RSO syringe, edibles, etc.) they only calculate the amount of "usable" cannabis in the item not the amount of herb that was used to make the item. For instance, RSO is a very concentrated oil that I think takes a lot of whole herb to yield a small amount of oil. Additionally, they seem to be more concerned about regulating THC vs CBD so a strain higher in THC will be deemed to have more "usable" cannabis than a low THC strain. In the case of my father, with the respiratory problems associated with ALS we didn't want him to use any method that could compromise his lungs. He uses RSO oil that we encapsulate with coconut oil and he takes as any other pill. A 1000 mg. syringe contains between 2-4 g. of "usable" cannabis. We were advised to start him at a dose equal to 1/2 grain of rice, which is very tiny, thus a syringe lasts a loooong time. That said, I've read that when people are using RSO for cancer "treatment" they are supposed to work up to something like 1 g. of RSO oil PER DAY which I can hardly imagine not putting someone in a serious stupor/coma....as for edibles, I have no idea about those but I have been told that they are dosed in 10-20mg. "servings" from the dispensary and people are advised to break those into small portions. I have a friend who was in CO (recreational use legal) and she reported that 1/4 of a brownie (presumably at 10-20 mg. total) packed a major wallop.
A wallop isn't the word for it.
Anybody want to build a reflux tower I know how, so you can distill something down to individual components.

Worth
Old January 28, 2017   #34
bower
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Parkinson's? My (ex-)wife had/has Parkinson's and we never heard that it was effective for that. Maybe I should call her.

Good God! What am I saying?!
Parkinsons is on the list that Happy Gardener put up... maybe you should call her.

Honey you should be smoking pot.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2017   #35
pmcgrady
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
There's a very stubborn anti-gun mindset in Illinois. They keep thinking up ways to get around the Second Amendment. For instance, Chicago flat-out banned handguns. The Federal Court declared the law unconstitutional. So they passed a law allowing handguns so long as the owner registered and took a course that included time at a gun range. The same law banned gun ranges! Back to court: unconstitutional. Then they allowed gun ranges but put zoning restrictions on them so tight that none have been built. And banned 18 and under from even entering one. Back to court: unconstitutional. So after years of litigation, it is still essentially impossible to legally possess a handgun in Chicago.

We can see just how effective that de facto gun ban has been, can't we?
Right now Illinois is the worst state to live in, no budget for 2 years. Skyrocketing property taxes, soda taxes, income taxes, gas taxes... heck they probably will tax fresh air soon! Chicago should be sold for $1 to anyone stupid enough to buy it. All legislation is run by one man for over 30 years (Speaker of the House). The Governor has no power. The people of Illinois want term limits, but he won't bring it to a vote. I should have stayed in Texas when I was younger.
pmcgrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2017   #36
Gardeneer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
This falls in line with the electric nicotine vapor smoking devises.
Some of this oil stuff is made in China.
Lord only know what any of this stuff domestic or not will do to you in the long run.
Do I trust my lungs and health to anything made in China.
Worth
Is that what "vapor" is ?
Down here in NC there are a lot of tobacco shops, with blinking "vapor" sign.
I buy/smoke some pipe tobacco and did not know what vapor is.
I learned something new today. Thanks Worth .

Happy Gardening !
Gardeneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2017   #37
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

korova edibles are top notch
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2017   #38
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardeneer View Post
Is that what "vapor" is ?
Down here in NC there are a lot of tobacco shops, with blinking "vapor" sign.
I buy/smoke some pipe tobacco and did not know what vapor is.
I learned something new today. Thanks Worth .
From what I understand, vapor can be a wide range of things, from essentially flavored water to nicotine and THC oils. The "electric pipe" is a tool that can be enjoyed safely and also misapplied.

Hmm. I think I'll dig out my pipe. Amazing how long pipe tobacco can last. Just add some water to re-hydrate.

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2017   #39
Ricky Shaw
Tomatovillian™

On good authority, the Zig-Zag man has a tattoo of Gerardo on his arm.
Ricky Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2017   #40
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Old January 28, 2017   #41
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Shaw View Post
On good authority, the Zig-Zag man has a tattoo of Gerardo on his arm.
He always seemed to belong on a tomb-wall somewhere near Nineveh.

I'll say it again, two thumbs up on korova edibles, bypasses all those concerns from the lung association.

The warning on the back is quite accurate, a preview of sorts.

korova.jpg
Old January 28, 2017   #42
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Goldarn it Worth! You almost made me choke on my martini! Be careful, will you?

Okay, what the heck are "korova edibles"?

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2017   #43
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcgrady View Post
Right now Illinois is the worst state to live in, no budget for 2 years. Skyrocketing property taxes, soda taxes, income taxes, gas taxes... heck they probably will tax fresh air soon! Chicago should be sold for $1 to anyone stupid enough to buy it. All legislation is run by one man for over 30 years (Speaker of the House). The Governor has no power. The people of Illinois want term limits, but he won't bring it to a vote. I should have stayed in Texas when I was younger.
Rumor has it that if Chicago doesn't clean their act up the Feds are coming in to do it for them.
Feds what Feds?
The Marines.
The FBI?
Some other group.
What will they do?
Martial law?

Very curious to see how that will play out.

Worth
Old January 28, 2017   #44
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I just went back and read some of the side effects of Marijuana.
Old stuff form years ago.
Women turn into sex crazed animals and rip their clothes off lusting with insatiable desire.
Embracing the Devil.
Hell I'm going to rent a helicopter fog the whole town then land in the middle.

Worth
Old January 28, 2017   #45
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I just went back and read some of the side effects of Marijuana.
Old stuff form years ago.
Women turn into sex crazed animals and rip their clothes off lusting with insatiable desire.
Embracing the Devil.
Hell I'm going to rent a helicopter fog the whole town then land in the middle.

Worth
That sounds like a P.A.G.A.N. party, Akroyd & Hanks in top form:

https://youtu.be/gdfPrkw_V3M