Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old September 19, 2012   #16
Appaloosa909
Tomatovillian™

Hi Heather,
Please sign me up again this year!

Andrea
Appaloosa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19, 2012   #17
Brightmeadow
Tomatovillian™

Hi Heather:

I can't resist!!! Please add me to your list.

Shirley
(Brightmeadow)
Brightmeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19, 2012   #18
fmc 53
Tomatovillian™

I'd like to participate in the swap.
Thank you
fmc 53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19, 2012   #19
guruofgardens
Tomatovillian™

Another great year to share seeds. Looking forward to the swap.

Thanks, Heather!
guruofgardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19, 2012   #20
huntoften
Tomatovillian™

Count me in again! I've had so many great new varieties from this exchange over the years. Can't wait!
Old September 19, 2012   #21
hmacdona
Tomatovillian™

Great to see everyone returning to the swap. Lots of new participants as well. We're already up to 49 participants...and we just got started yesterday!!!
Will contact everyone tonight with further detail. Just got home from work and have some catching up to do.

Welcome Koshki - no preference on the type of seed packet. All I ask is that it is sealed properly. If it's a little ziploc baggie, please make sure they're zipped before mailing or all of the seeds will come out in transit. If it's a paper type packet, please ensure it is tightly closed so they don't fall apart on you in the mail. We see all types of seed packages come in this swap, and that's part of the fun. I do not open or redistribute seeds from their packages. So if you send in one packet with 200 seeds in it, that counts as one packet for swapping. I get thousands of seed packets in this swap, so I do not open them to count seeds. All I ask is a minimum of 10 seeds per package and no more than 5 packets of the same type of seed. Let me know if there are any further questions.
hmacdona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19, 2012   #22
hmacdona
Tomatovillian™

Hi Tormato,
Thanks for asking about the bonus seeds. It's so great that many of the participants share extra seeds as bonuses. If you're planning to send in bonus seeds that are not tomatoes or peppers, that's great too. I know there will be a lot of people that would love bean seeds. I only ask that you contact me before sending them in to tell me what you are mailing and give me an idea of quantity, so I can plan and communicate properly from this end. Where I have bonus seeds that are not in the tomato or pepper category, I handle these differently, as not everyone wants other seeds, so i don't randomly distribute. Instead, I'll post a list, when applicable, and ask people to email me if interested (every year I shake up the rules a bit just to keep people on their toes). This means I have to put forward these types of seed offers in advance of the deadline, to manage my time. So I need to know ahead of time, what is being mailed (if it's not tomato or pepper seeds). If bonus seeds arrive and I didn't know they are coming, there's a possibility they've arrived too late and I won't be able to allow ample time to attempt to share them. Hope that makes sense. If you have some bean seeds to share, that would be awesome. When you have a minute, please send me a private message and let me know what you have in mind. Thanks....Heather
Old September 19, 2012   #23
goodwin
Tomatovillian™

hi Heather -

I am always amazed you are willing to take this on. This exchange changed what we grow and it's a remarkable opportunity. Anyway, Jan and I will include some of our newly released varieties for folks to try along with our old favorites, and expect to find some wonderful new varieties. Thanks again!

Lee
goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19, 2012   #24
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Please count me in this year. I saw this last year but didn't have enough seeds, i sure do now!
Thanks for doing this Heather.
-Marsha
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20, 2012   #25
pdxwindjammer
Tomatovillian™

First timer to participate this year and I thank you for generously donating the time and effort to organize this!

I am in!
pdxwindjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20, 2012   #26
lakelady
Tomatovillian™

The anticipation last year was so exciting to see what would come in my packet, count me in again! I have a lot more seeds to share this year
Old September 20, 2012   #27
hmacdona
Tomatovillian™

Hi everyone,

I thought it would be worth posting a note about tomatillos. Tomatillos are not tomatoes, and as such, should not be sent in for exchanging in this swap. If you want to send some in for bonuses, that's great...I'll open them up to the group to see who's interested. I did not have anyone list "tomatillos" on their wish lists in any of the swaps I have hosted, so wanted to make sure everyone is aware...that they are not considered a valid "exchange" item for this swap. Thanks everyone

We're up to 60 participants and only two days in. Looking good !!!
Old September 20, 2012   #28
stormymater
Tomatovillian™

Count me in again! TY!
stormymater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20, 2012   #29
POAJoan
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the invite again. Really enjoyed last year's swap and got some fantastic pepper seeds as well as unusual tomato seeds. This is such a great opportunity to get seeds to try out to see if they work in this area. Joan
POAJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20, 2012   #30
ScottinAtlanta
Tomatovillian™

I would like to participate this year, as I have a lot of extra seeds. Would it be permissible to send some of the seeds from the Middle East or Far East for which I do not know the English name of the variety (if it has one)?
ScottinAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote