Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 19, 2018   #1
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

Default How to stay signed in

I have been signed in for a long time. Every time I come on, I am automatically signed in and can post, etc. A little while ago I deleted my cookies and website data, then signed back in here. Now, every time I want to post or do anything it keeps making me sign in again. It does remember my user name and password as always but just makes repeatedly go the through the process of bringing up the signon screen and hitting "sign on" before I do anything. I have been back here reading and responding to threads in a continous session without signing out or closing out the tab but it still keeps asking me to sign back in. I don't see anything anywhere where I can check "keep me signed in". Is there a way to do this that I have forgotten since I haven't had to do it in a while? Thanks.
SueCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2018   #2
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

What I do is pull up a post and hit reply. A box will come up for me to sign in, and I have to remember to check the small box that says "keep me signed in!". I also figured out now not to lose my settings when deleting cookies etc. which really helps .

Good luck!
Linda
Labradors2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2018   #3
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

There is no box saying that when I pull it up. That was kind of my point. I hit reply, it makes me sign in again and does not give me that box.
Old June 19, 2018   #4
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

Well, it does seem to be working again now. Odd.
Old June 19, 2018   #5
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

The box should come up (somewhere) when you sign in by replying to a post. It's easy to miss though. Been there, done that.....

Linda
Labradors2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2018   #6
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

Can't tell, it is keeping me signed in now. I specifically looked for it, so unless it is reaaaaaly tiny, it wasn't there, lol. I was wearing my glasses. If it happens again I will do a screen shot. Honest. It wasn't there.
Old June 23, 2018   #7
Al@NC
Tomatovillian™

Sometimes it depends on the browser you use, I use Firefox and pretty much in any browser you have settings such as "delete cookies on exit" or something similar. As long as this setting is off then you should be able to stay signed in. Or at least it works for me anyways...

But you would also have to be sure other programs such as task managers or "tuner" or "optimizer" programs such as "Ccleaner" aren't deleting your cookies as well.

Al

Last edited by Al@NC; June 23, 2018 at 12:39 AM.
Al@NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2018   #8
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

It was a problem for several hours right after I deleted cookies, but then resumed keeping me logged and hasn't been a problem since. Odd.