Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old October 7, 2009   #31
Patapsco Mike
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by camochef View Post
Mike,
What was your most productive?

Camo
For the second year in a row, it was Kelloggs Breakfast. In my garden nothing else comes close. It produces fairly early and sets fruit all summer long. It's also the only plant I still have actively producing (except for my Sungold cherry). I've picked three so far this week off one plant, and all were huge and perfect. I got my Kelloggs and Brandywine seeds from Strmywthr3 via this forum back in 2007.
Patapsco Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7, 2009   #32
camochef
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patapsco Mike View Post
For the second year in a row, it was Kelloggs Breakfast. In my garden nothing else comes close. It produces fairly early and sets fruit all summer long. It's also the only plant I still have actively producing (except for my Sungold cherry). I've picked three so far this week off one plant, and all were huge and perfect. I got my Kelloggs and Brandywine seeds from Strmywthr3 via this forum back in 2007.
Mike,
Thanks for info! My Kellogg's Breakfast were finished about two weeks ago and I pulled them. My KBX (potato-leafed version) produced up until last night when I picked the last of them off and pulled the plant.
Still have a few Royal Hillbillies, an Indian Stripe, a Gary O'Sena and belive it or not a Cherokee Purple still producing. A couple others but the names escape me at this hour! My Sudduth's have been done for a few weeks now, although a few Brandywine Pinks are still trying to ripen.
We were down in the high thirties a couple days ago so I think our time is coming to an end, your a little further South and might have some time yet. Good Luck!
Camo
camochef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8, 2009   #33
Patapsco Mike
Tomatovillian™

I plan to give KBX a slot in my garden next year, and to drop Cherokee Purple (which has performed very poorly two years in a row now).

I go to Gettysburg a lot. You are only two hours away, but it's a whole different climate with the elevation difference...
Patapsco Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8, 2009   #34
jwr6404
Tomatovillian™

I'm still picking huge Tomatoes off of my KBX. Next to the Kosovo it was my heaviest producer followed by Stump of the World which is my new favorite. Will be planting Brandywine Sudduth next year from seeds I received from Remy.