Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

SPLATT™ event information and discussion forum. South Carolina Piedmont Lycospersicum Annual Tomato Tasting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 6, 2009   #1
rodger
Tomatovillian™

Default Planning SPLATT 2009

Its time start thinking about this years tasting. It will be the 3rd week in July as always which is July 18th. The tasting will start at 1200 noon and go till whenever. I plan to do tours of my garden again this year. I will do a morning tour around 1000 followed by an afternoon tour.
There will be BLTs water tea and soft drinks as before along with lots of tomatoes. I would like to get some help with setting up and running a blind taste test, a panel discussion on growing for question and answers.And I never sseem t get enough pictures, I am always caught up in the monent talking with everyone so If I can have a volunteer to take tons of pictures, I have a good digital camera that can be used. Also I am offering TWO $25 PRIZES,a prize for best entry, and largest tomato. I hope to get a good showing from the folks here at tomatoville as in the past and those who haven't it is time you did. I will post my proposed list of tomatoes for this year when I finalize it. Here's to a good year. Rodger