Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 2, 2017   #1
Spartanburg123
Tomatovillian™

Default Dotson's Lebanese Heart Growout, 2017

I started this new thread here, as it really doesn't belong in the "wanted or trade" section anymore. For all of those kind souls who are growing this new cultivar this year, please post pictures and notes here!! If you received seeds from Marsha in her seed offer, then you have my original saved seeds from July of 2015. If I sent you seeds personally, then they are seeds from a generous growout by Dutch in 2016. Please note the germination rate and confirm that these plants are RL, which they should be.
I sowed 16 seeds from Dutch, and 6 came up. One of them was a PL, which I am growing out and a picture is included below. It is most likely a stray seed from me, as I was planting Terhune and Rebel Yell in the row next to it. I planted 10 of my original seeds, and 9 plants came up, all RL. I will be growing both seed sources in my garden for a direct comparison.
I believe roughly 25 folks received seeds from me (Dutch), and so far, all have reported only RL plants. Here are my first few pictures from a few days ago. Hope to see all of yours soon!

Thanks!

Darin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DLH 3-31-17.jpg (141.8 KB, 453 views)
File Type: jpg DLH PL 3-31-17.jpg (109.5 KB, 451 views)
File Type: jpg Garden 1 3-31-17.jpg (140.6 KB, 448 views)
Spartanburg123 is offline   Reply With Quote