Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old March 12, 2017   #151
Gardeneer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Well it is only 47 here but it is a wet 47 and cold.
I have been cold for two days now.

That is what we have right now and its going to be our high for the day.
Its is clearing up and getting ready for cold. Tomorrow be be fine 56/41.
Anything under 50 is cold for me.

Happy Gardening !
Gardeneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2017   #152
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I just took a hot shower and then fixed a leaky faucet that has been driving me nuts.
That seemed to help matters a little.
Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2017   #153
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

You guys just need another weather smooch from the north, it will thicken your skin. LOL Seems like Cole and Gardeneer don't get rattled too easy, has a plan for cold weather and is pressing on daily regardless.
We are getting up to about 30, had 3 degrees last night, the heaters are running a lot.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2017   #154
Gardeneer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmark View Post
You guys just need another weather smooch from the north, it will thicken your skin. LOL Seems like Cole and Gardeneer don't get rattled too easy, has a plan for cold weather and is pressing on daily regardless.
We are getting up to about 30, had 3 degrees last night, the heaters are running a lot.
Mark, thanks for reminding that I should toughen up a bit and stop being sissy.

Happy Gardening !
Old March 12, 2017   #155
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

What the heck are you folks talking about as to weather?

Up here in my area of NYS and adjoing areas areas we had a nice warm spell for early March, crocuses up buds on apple trees and lilacs,etc,then BOOM,disaster since this is apple country and when the cold weather came it's going to be a long year $$$ since the buds were frozen.

Then Boom again starting a few days ago,high winds, power outages and temps dropping like a rock. The last few nights down to almost zero with still those high winds, same yesterday and to day and for tomorrow.

Now a winter weather watch starting late Monday thru Tuesday for high winds and snow up to 10 to 15 inches of snow.It will take more than a couple of days to get plowed out,so no meals on Wheels,no Martha or Freda who help me here at home,no nuttin.

But I do have some great dark chocolate and enough cigarettes,so I should be fine.

Carolyn
Old March 12, 2017   #156
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post

Up here in my area of NYS and adjoing areas areas we had a nice warm spell for early March, crocuses up buds on apple trees and lilacs,etc,then BOOM,disaster since this is apple country and when the cold weather came it's going to be a long year $$$ since the buds were frozen.

Then Boom again starting a few days ago,high winds, power outages and temps dropping like a rock. The last few nights down to almost zero with still those high winds, same yesterday and to day and for tomorrow.

Now a winter weather watch starting late Monday thru Tuesday for high winds and snow up to 10 to 15 inches of snow.It will take more than a couple of days to get plowed out,so no meals on Wheels,no Martha or Freda who help me here at home,no nuttin.

But I do have some great dark chocolate and enough cigarettes,so I should be fine.

Carolyn
Carolyn there were two things that would make a person get on the open farm tractor and drive to town in the cold and snowed in when I lived in Missouri.
Tobacco and coffee.

I remember more than once driving the old CASE farm tractor that ten miles to town as a little boy with my father next to me.

The owner of the store had a farm next to us and he drove the tractor every day to work when we were snowed in.
There were no snow plows the grader was down and the snow was so bad the school bus didn't come for something like two weeks.
Old March 12, 2017   #157
Deborah
Riding The Crazy Train Again

Carolyn, I envy your being able to say you have enough cigarettes. I have just two packs and won't see a penny till Wednesday. I feel like crying because I know that the misery of going without arrives tomorrow.
"The righteous one cares for the needs of his animal". Proverbs 12:10

Last edited by Deborah; March 12, 2017 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Typo.
Deborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2017   #158
wildcat62
Tomatovillian™

Worth....Got to have priorities Been there and done that.
wildcat62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2017   #159
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat62 View Post
Worth....Got to have priorities Been there and done that.

I didn't smoke yet but I did drink coffee when I was a little kid.
So all I got out of it was we ate a hamburger at the town square drugstore.
My dad didn't even smoke he was getting the tobacco for my mom.
Old March 12, 2017   #160
Jimbotomateo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:

Carolyn
No wonder you never gripe about anything Carolyn!. With all that dark chocolate and cigarettes you should be on cloud nine! . Jimbo
Jimbotomateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2017   #161
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Storm warning now for the northeast. we have a storm watch so far starting Monday to Wed. Been cold since last week now and in the teens at night. sigh. had enough. go away! I honestly shouldn't complain... I haven't had to shovel snow all winter.
Old March 12, 2017   #162
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:

Carolyn
Carolyn, you can hop on a plane and come make fun of me for thinking it's cold here Just bring lots of dark chocolates and smokes.
Of course, by the time you get here - it'll be hot again.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2017   #163
HudsonValley
Tomatovillian™

18-30" of snow predicted for my area, tomorrow night through Wednesday. Fingers crossed for those of us affected.
HudsonValley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2017   #164
slugworth
Tomatovillian™

hope the power doesn't go out
slugworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2017   #165
Gardeneer
Tomatovillian™

One of the reason that I moved to the south is that I don't like too much cold , snow and looong winters. I can put up better with high heat than cold. I have lived in places with harsh winters most of my life, CT, MO, IL ..just to name a few. PNW though not very cold but had loong season with rain, clouds , drizzles stretching from October to June.

Happy Gardening !