Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 18, 2008   #1
Douglas14
Tomatovillian™

Default Chadwick's Cherry vs. Fox Cherry?

Has anyone grown the both, if so which do you prefer. I've grown Chadwick's and found it quite good. They both seem to have pretty similar descriptions. If you've grown Fox, what did you think of it?
Douglas14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2008   #2
Douglas14
Tomatovillian™

Excuse me. I did a search here for Fox Cherry, and see I did grow it a couple of years ago. Maybe I'll have to grow both and compare them. I'm still interested in your opinions.
Old December 18, 2008   #3
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

Only have grown Fox of the two. My wife loves it. I am not a cherry tomato fan, but the growth habits for me have been great. No matter the growing conditions and how well or poorly the other tomatoes did, Fox produced. We had Fox for three years after receiving it as a free gift ( I think from Sandhill) . Last year I planted Black Cherry because of the attention it got from Tville. I loved it, my wife thought it was OK.

This year we will go back to Fox.
Old December 18, 2008   #4
Douglas14
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Paul. Sounds like Fox is a good one. I grew it two years ago, but don't recall how it was. Maybe it got froze out, or a cutworm got it? I should make yearly notes.