Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old March 8, 2006   #16
Joel5000
Tomatovillian™

Jeanne, how was the Patio Orange last year? This will be my first time growing it.
Joel5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2006   #17
montanamato
Tomatovillian™

It was great...except it wasn't Patio Orange. I only grew 2 out and one froze and the one I had left was in a container. It was stocky and produced well, except the fruit was sort of like small, scalloped beefsteaks. The fruit ripened red and was good and a little sweet. It was slower maturing than it should have been. I notified Baker Creek to see if they had any other reports of wrong variety and they hadn't. They offered to replace it, but I wasn't sure it wasn't my mistake so I declined. I am growing it again to see what I get, plus the plant last year was wotrh replicating. It was slow to germinate and a container type ,so I am not sure what was going on. None of my other varieties last year matched it either...
Not much help I am afraid.
Here's hoping the real Patio Orange shows this year.

Jeanne
montanamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2006   #18
jenn_sc
SPLATT™ Coordinator

My Matt's have been a little slow to germinate, too. Out of the first batch I sowed only one had sprouted two weeks later...of course, as soon as I started more, the original seeds started poking up their little heads lol

In fairness, several of my varieties were a little slower than usual this year. I have no idea why. I started more seeds of everything, and now ALL the seeds have decided it's time to sprout. So, as usual, I'll have lots of extras this year....something I promised myself I would avoid this year

Good luck!

Jennifer
jenn_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2006   #19
valereee
Tomatovillian™

I've got a second Matt's Wild up. That's one at 7 days, one at 11 days, and 9 still sulking.
valereee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2006   #20
garnetmoth
Tomatovillian™

hmm, Ive got one up just 2 days behind a Kellogs, and 2 behind Rio Grande. I think my seeds were from a person self-saving them.
garnetmoth is offline   Reply With Quote