Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old November 26, 2018   #61
Goodloe
Tomatovillian™

I also got my new TGS catalog the other day, along with the new Totally Tomatoes catalog. Very cool!20181125_170310-1.jpg

~Jon~ Downheah, Mississippi
Goodloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2018   #62
Harry Cabluck
Tomatovillian™

Received Tomato Growers Supply catalog today, and unable to locate any information regarding their offering of hardy rootstock seed. Any suggestions of where to go for purchasing any?
Harry Cabluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2018   #63
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cabluck View Post
Received Tomato Growers Supply catalog today, and unable to locate any information regarding their offering of hardy rootstock seed. Any suggestions of where to go for purchasing any?
I don't remember TGS offering rootstock seeds lately, but my catalog is not here by my computer so I can't check that out..

I think that most get the those seeds from Johnny's or Paramount, but take a look here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sour...&bih=815&dpr=1

Carolyn
Old November 29, 2018   #64
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cabluck View Post
I found three varieties of rootstock on page 28. From their site: http://www.tomatogrowers.com/searchprods.asp

SUPER STRONG TOMATO ROOTSTOCK Super Strong Tomato Rootstock #2911 (20 seeds) This vigorous rootstock is resistant to a multitude of soil-borne diseases and nematodes. Use this rootstock to graft onto any heirloom or hybrid tomato plant and witness the greatly increased vigor and yields. The rootstock even boosts tolerance to fluctuating temperatures. This variety should only be used for rootstock because the small green fruit produced by rootstock are not good for consumption. Resistant to verticillium wilt, fusarium, nematodes, and tomato mosaic virus.

RST-04-106-T HYBRID ROOTSTOCK RST-04-106-T Hybrid Rootstock #2812 (20 seeds) This rootstock was developed for growers who face a wide variety of soil diseases. Along with strong resistance to bacterial wilt, this rootstock is also resistant to Tobacco Mosaic Virus, three races of Fusarium wilt, corky root rot, and nematodes.

ESTAMINO VFFFNT HYBRID Estamino VFFFNT Hybrid #4711 (20 seeds) This rootstock is known for producing plants with good generative growth, meaning a better balance of flowers and fruit to leafy growth, resulting in heavier yields of tomatoes. It is also known to promote a longer production cycle, extending the season. Resistant to Tomato Spotted Wilt Virus. This is a well-proven rootstock variety favored by an increasing number of growers.

Other than what's copied/pasted above - that's all I know about them.

Last edited by AlittleSalt; November 29, 2018 at 12:34 AM.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2018   #65
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

The Seeds 'n Such catalog arrived two days ago and I noticed they have some seeds for tomato grafting rootstock:

https://www.seedsnsuch.com/?s=tomato...&type_aws=true

I'll be interested in seeing other responses as I'm toying with the idea of experimenting with this come spring.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2018   #66
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
I found three varieties of rootstock on page 28. From their site: http://www.tomatogrowers.com/searchprods.asp

SUPER STRONG TOMATO ROOTSTOCK Super Strong Tomato Rootstock #2911 (20 seeds) This vigorous rootstock is resistant to a multitude of soil-borne diseases and nematodes. Use this rootstock to graft onto any heirloom or hybrid tomato plant and witness the greatly increased vigor and yields. The rootstock even boosts tolerance to fluctuating temperatures. This variety should only be used for rootstock because the small green fruit produced by rootstock are not good for consumption. Resistant to verticillium wilt, fusarium, nematodes, and tomato mosaic virus.

RST-04-106-T HYBRID ROOTSTOCK RST-04-106-T Hybrid Rootstock #2812 (20 seeds) This rootstock was developed for growers who face a wide variety of soil diseases. Along with strong resistance to bacterial wilt, this rootstock is also resistant to Tobacco Mosaic Virus, three races of Fusarium wilt, corky root rot, and nematodes.

ESTAMINO VFFFNT HYBRID Estamino VFFFNT Hybrid #4711 (20 seeds) This rootstock is known for producing plants with good generative growth, meaning a better balance of flowers and fruit to leafy growth, resulting in heavier yields of tomatoes. It is also known to promote a longer production cycle, extending the season. Resistant to Tomato Spotted Wilt Virus. This is a well-proven rootstock variety favored by an increasing number of growers.

Other than what's copied/pasted above - that's all I know about them.
Robert,it was said in the catalog that several of us recently got that NOT all items would be there,but would be at the online version.

And I know the reason for that since Linda had explained it to me.

When sending a catalog two pages are added at the same time,and the printing COST is determined by X # of pages. So if you go over the limit you have to pay additional charges.

With a website,if the company involved is not a large commercial one and designs their own website then changes can be made any time by accessing a new change via a computer.

I remember very well when Glenn Drowns at Sandhill Preservation started out that he and Linda sent out just a paper catalog. But Glenn really wanted to have an online site, and so it was that Amy Goldman Fowler and myself who paid Dr. Jeff McCormack,the original owner of SESE, who also did website design, to please do so for Glenn and Linda, and he did.

As Jeff worked on it he would send mockup e-mails to both Amy and myself, as well as Glenn and Linda to get our feedback.

And here's the final site,and this one is an update of the original online one.

https://www.sandhillpreservation.com/

Carolyn

Carolyn