Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old December 13, 2011   #16
MikeInOhio
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrivergarden View Post
Question I have grown the Carbon tomato before. the seed I bought elsewhere but they grew great very nice tomato very dark but they looked nothing like your picture that you have. are yours a paste type? are there more than one Carbon tomatoes?
this is a couple of my carbons along with some Juliet tomatoes
I'm beginning to wonder if it was the seeds (originally from Baker Creek) or the photograph. The plants that I took these from were rather small due to the fact that I planted them late (and weather conditions). I'll attach another shot. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbon1.JPG (83.0 KB, 105 views)
MikeInOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2011   #17
MikeInOhio
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Welcome Mike. I thought maybe I missed you introducing yourself in the Town Hall Forum, but nope, not there, so now's the time to say Hi!

THe link to your website must be getting hot for the Siberian Pink Honey variety b'c of folks here talking about it with references to you, and all else in the thread that was started about it.

Some have questioned about the source being from Siberia but Andrey, in the new thread about growing large fruited varieties just confirmed it is from Siberia. If you read the general Google link I put up I think it's very possible that it isn't an heirloom, probably a "selection" of something as was mentioned.

Who cares, really, it it's a great tasting variety.

I haven't bought any tomato seeds in over 20 years so I'll just wait until someone saves some seed and then dicker with them , that's if you give me that one I can offer this one in return.

You'll find that in general I don't trade seeds except if someone sends me a variety previously undistributed, and each year I do a large seed offer, and that's coming up in a few weeks. If you look in the TRADE subforum of the Seed Exchange you'll find my offer for last year and the way I go about it.

Being chained to a walker after a fall in Dec of 2004 and severing all four quads in my right leg I can't do what I use to do in terms of hundreds of plants and varieties each season. So now Craig in NC raises my plants and sends them up and Shoe and Lee in NC and Neil in IL help with seed production.

And I try to grow only varieties that will be new to almost everyone, so my job is finding those seeds.

Again welcome, great to have you here.
Carolyn,

Sorry for not responding sooner. I'm still learning how this messaging system works and didn't see yours until now.

Thank you for all of the information! I know in Omsk, Russia they describe the Pink Honey as an "old variety", which I translated into heirloom. I hope to be trying out a few more Russian tomato varieties this year and will let you know what I come up with.

I will definitely check out your offerings in the Seed Exchange. I love trying out new varieties.

Regards,
Mike
Old December 16, 2011   #18
Timbotide
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInOhio View Post
Hi,

We carry 25 varieties of heirloom, open-pollinated tomato varieties along with over 100 varieties of peppers, lettuce, herbs, carrots, etc:

http://www.ohioheirloomseeds.com/

If you have any questions feel free to email me directly.

Mike
michael@ohioheirloomseeds.com

Mike,

I recently placed an order for some carrot seed and want to thank you for the excellent service I received. Looking forward to ordering from you again soon.

Regards,

Tim
Timbotide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16, 2011   #19
kygreg
Tomatovillian™

Mike,

If the tomato varieties you offer do not have "click here to buy", does that mean they are not available I assume. Thanks
kygreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2011   #20
dustyrivergarden
Tomatovillian™

Your tomatoes look very nice I will be getting an order together.
Old December 22, 2011   #21
dustyrivergarden
Tomatovillian™

I ordered shortly after writing this message and I just recieved my seeds today. Wow that was fast now that's excellent service hey thanks Mike I can't wait to try the Siberian pink Honey they just sound fantastic.lol
Old December 22, 2011   #22
MikeInOhio
Tomatovillian™

Thank you. I hope you enjoy them.

-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrivergarden View Post
I ordered shortly after writing this message and I just recieved my seeds today. Wow that was fast now that's excellent service hey thanks Mike I can't wait to try the Siberian pink Honey they just sound fantastic.lol
Old January 5, 2012   #23
clara
Tomatovillian™

Mike, your letter arrived today after the customs having had a closer look at them, but everything went through without any objections! Thank you very much, I'm really looking forward to trying all these wonderful varieties!

Happy gardening to you in 2012! clara
clara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2012   #24
wolfwalkerpa
Tomatovillian™

Hi Mike ,,My soul mate just informed me the seeds we ordered were shipped to DuBois Pa. Thanks for The great prices , fast service and low shipping charge.
wolfwalkerpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2012   #25
RobinB
Tomatovillian™

Hi Mike,

I just placed an order including those Siberian Pink Honey. Can't wait to try them! Just a note, on the main "tomato seeds" page, the Siberian Pink Honey photo is not a link like the others. It was there with everything else when I clicked on "webstore" on the home page though. I'll bet that many people think it is sold out. I did until I kept clicking around. Robin
RobinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2012   #26
jennifer28
Two-faced Drama Queen

Hi Mike,

I bought some Siberian Pink Honey from you on eBay. I am so excited to grow them out. I am growing them with students for our school garden. Thanks for the fast shipping.

Jennifer
jennifer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2012   #27
stevenkh1
Tomatovillian™

FWIW, I have been a repeat (and very satisfied) customer of Ohio Heirloom with several purchases in the last 2-3 years for tomato/pepper/carrot seeds. I can say all shipments have arrived promptly, seed packets are well labelled and never had an issue with germination and plants fruited fine (my kids LOVED the cosmic purple carrots last year!)

Although I generally lurk, I want to say Welcome aboard!

Edit: I should add those red & yellow Quadratos I bought/grew last year were the best bell peppers I've ever eaten.

Last edited by stevenkh1; January 7, 2012 at 09:36 AM.
stevenkh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2012   #28
simmran1
Tomatovillian™

Have ordered from Mike about 3 weeks or so ago.
1 of them ordered was Purple Russian - 50 seeds in the env. OMG!
I'll be growing that one for the next 5 years! Not that most of us are in a hurry this time of year, but Ohio Heirloom Seeds is fast, like 3 days. Great enthusiasm, keep up the good work!
Old January 7, 2012   #29
MikeInOhio
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmran1 View Post
Have ordered from Mike about 3 weeks or so ago.
1 of them ordered was Purple Russian - 50 seeds in the env. OMG!
I'll be growing that one for the next 5 years! Not that most of us are in a hurry this time of year, but Ohio Heirloom Seeds is fast, like 3 days. Great enthusiasm, keep up the good work!
Thank you very much, simmran. You will love those Purple Russians if you water them well.

Kinnick stadium is the only Big Ten stadium I haven't visited. Hopefully I visit for one of Urban's many victories.
Old January 7, 2012   #30
MikeInOhio
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinB View Post
Hi Mike,

I just placed an order including those Siberian Pink Honey. Can't wait to try them! Just a note, on the main "tomato seeds" page, the Siberian Pink Honey photo is not a link like the others. It was there with everything else when I clicked on "webstore" on the home page though. I'll bet that many people think it is sold out. I did until I kept clicking around. Robin
Thanks, Robin. I think it's fixed now. I really appreciate you pointing that out.

Tags
mikeinohio , ohio heirloom seeds , rare tomato seeds