Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 23, 2012   #10
Hermitian
BANNED

The results of the assay on the Atomic Grow product have returned. As advertised, it is primarily plant extracts -- although not all of them would meet the criteria of "food feeding food" as stated on the label. However, I don't think anyone would object to using the contents on their tomato plants or any other food crop.

I firmly believe this product would be far more successful with a legal Fertilizing Material license from the state of FL that included an analysis of plant nutrients; plus a license from the EPA for the advertised pesticide/fungicide action and a statement of the active ingredients used to achieve it. Mr. Shellenback has indicated he is doing this, and also has been working with the USDA to obtain his NOP certificate. With these in hand, he could go to the "Green Light" agricultural marketing firm and contract production for nationwide sales -- this would earn an enviable royalty.

As it stands though, Mr. Shellenback has persisted in advertising his product online and sales are being continued without licensing. This is occurring both through his affiliated website and in the Crowley's nursery store. One of my colleagues from bananas.org tells me that verbal claims are being made in the store with regard to product performance that the product is not licensed for.

Four weeks ago I warned Mr. Shellenback that he comply with the state of FL and the EPA before they came to him. It is true that inspectors move on the time scale of weeks, but I imagine his time has about run out. At this point he can add violation of federal interstate commerce regulations to his woes.