Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating melons, cucumbers, squash, pumpkins and gourds.

Old June 20, 2017   #16
Ricky Shaw
Tomatovillian™

Tried one today from Sprouts after not finding it yesterday at Safeway. Produce guy said the Honey Kiss Hami's sell out quick. It was 4.99 and roughly 5lbs, the denseness makes it heavy for it's size. Excellent flavor and the wife and I will definitely buy it again. Like a cross of the best attributes of cantaloupe and honey dew. Overall watermelon is my number 1, seedless.
Ricky Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2017   #17
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Ali baba and Orange glow are my favs
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2017   #18
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Shaw View Post
Tried one today from Sprouts after not finding it yesterday at Safeway. Produce guy said the Honey Kiss Hami's sell out quick. It was 4.99 and roughly 5lbs, the denseness makes it heavy for it's size. Excellent flavor and the wife and I will definitely buy it again. Like a cross of the best attributes of cantaloupe and honey dew. Overall watermelon is my number 1, seedless.
I know! I have bought 3 so far. Publix had the first at $4.99, but they put them on a month long special at $3.99. I am getting them at the better price while I can.

C'mon BVV- You always have room for one more thing.

Come to think of it, Eldemila sent me some things too, now A note to self to go through my seeds and see if I have some.
I just fermented and saved a bunch of F2 seeds. Tempting to try them.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2017   #19
Dak
Tomatovillian™

I'm trying Ali Baba this year, I can grow decent squash and tomatoes, but melons have always been elusive, I have high hopes this year, at least I've gotten them to germinated and nothing has eaten it so far.
Dak is offline   Reply With Quote