Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old June 4, 2017   #31
payorda
Tomatovillian™

I had no germination with Warrior. Trying their Big League variety. 47 days they say. Need that.I'll be 85 very soon. Like George Burns, I don't buy green bananas.
payorda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3, 2018   #32
tarpalsfan
Tomatovillian™

I ordered from Seeds and Such last season. I had excellent germination on everything I ordered. The free seed, Warrior tomato and Blight Buster bell pepper did very well in my garden. Bell peppers are hard to grow here.
I ordered again this year. So far, I have had 100% germination (tomatoes and peppers). There was a mix up, and they sent me Escamillo F1 instead of Habanada pepper. I contacted the company and they sent my Habanada pepper
fast and said keep the Escamillo . Both the Habanada and Escamillo are up, and what's more, in the past, I ordered Yellow Monster Bell from other companys. I never had a single seed of Monster to come up,before. I tried again this season from Seeds and Such-and guess what peppers coming up.
The customer service people were really nice, too. That is important to me, too.

tarpalsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4, 2018   #33
RJGlew
Tomatovillian™

I did my first order with S&S this year and so far, everything looks good. We had a small mixup on the order, and their customer service team made things right very quickly. Funny that you noted the free seeds - this year they sent "Pretty in Pink F1," a 72 DTM Japanese hybrid, and for the the first time ever, I plan to try the freebee. They have lots of the Tokita `Sun' series cherry tomatoes at fair prices and that is what initially drew me to them.
RJGlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20, 2018   #34
hl2601
Tomatovillian™

I did a fairly large order this past week. Everything was complete and arrived quickly. Loved that there were some varieties there I didn't see elsewhere. No free seeds for me though.
hl2601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20, 2018   #35
loudog
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicgardens View Post
I have ordered once and never again. Low quantities per package and very low germination rates.
I ordered from last year too and very low germination and seed count.
loudog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2018   #36
nyrfan
Tomatovillian™

I've been Seeds & Such customer for 3 years & had no issues. Their prices & germination rates (75% for me this year) are acceptable. Since I only need 1 plant per variety, 15 seeds per packet are more than enough.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2018   #37
Greatgardens
Tomatovillian™

Another satisfied customer here. Good prices and normal germination. The number of seeds that you get per packet is based on the relative cost of the seeds. At $2.79 (flat-rate) per packet and $2.95 for shipping, it's a very good proposition, especially if you just want to try a new variety. Wayne gets a "thumbs up" from me.
-GG
Greatgardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2018   #38
catfish bob
Tomatovillian™

Default seeds n such

have bought from them for two years and am very satisfied. Good germination. I have a small veg garden and like that can get small amounts of seed
catfish bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2019   #39
730dcm
Tomatovillian™

has anyone ordered from this company lately ? they had decent prices on a 2 hybrids and some flowers seeds i like to grow. placed an order almost 2 weeks ago yet to get receive in the mail. are the seeds true to the variety ? or should i just scratch this a lose and order for a larger well reputable company ? im waited to long to order the seed but i didnt think it take 2 week to get them in the mail.
730dcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2019   #40
green_go
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by 730dcm View Post
has anyone ordered from this company lately ? they had decent prices on a 2 hybrids and some flowers seeds i like to grow. placed an order almost 2 weeks ago yet to get receive in the mail. are the seeds true to the variety ? or should i just scratch this a lose and order for a larger well reputable company ? im waited to long to order the seed but i didnt think it take 2 week to get them in the mail.
I ordered from them on Feb 13. Received a message that the order was shipped on Feb 26.
I have no prior experience with S'nS, so can't say if seeds are true to the variety .
Old March 4, 2019   #41
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

I, as the original poster, tried them after asking about them and had great success with all the seeds I ordered. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
Old March 4, 2019   #42
mikemansker
Tomatovillian™

I've had good luck with S & S.
mikemansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2019   #43
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

This is the first year I ordered from them, they had a pepper that was hard to find and not available elsewhere. I put in a small online order for 5 packets on Feb 18 and they just arrived today, so that's 14 days. They also added two bonus seed packets.

I don't think two weeks is unusual at all for any seed company at this, their busiest time of year. I've had some arrive in a week's time, but I've also had other sources that take up to three weeks. Best to get those orders in early (says the great procrastinator.)

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2019   #44
JoParrott

I have had really good service from S^S seeds for 3 years- prices and shipping are very low--
Old December 10, 2019   #45
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

I have had mixed results, even using seed starting mix with thermostatically controlled heat mats, 72 degrees for tomatoes, 80 degrees for cukes, peppers, melons.

Don't be fooled by the "Free Pack" early bird seeds--they are giving FIVE SEEDS, not whole packs!

Some cuke seeds are really expensive--2.99 for 5 seeds.

Some seeds were really low germination, plus some packs are labeled with really low germination rates--some 50%, some 70%...isn't there some law minimum germ rates must be 80% or low rates must be known before purchase? I thought even ebay required 80%...

I hate buying $80-$100 worth of seeds only to wait for them to arrive then see stickers on the packs saying 50% germination rate and only get 5 seeds in the pack!
korney19 is offline   Reply With Quote