Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old May 24, 2010   #16
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancer79d View Post
what is that tool called korney19?
I think a pollinator wand or something like that. Hard to find in a search but I got the green one from I think Hydro-Gardens or some place like that. It has a vibrator/wobbler in the end you can see spinning when it runs. The frequency or speed of vibrations changes [over the length of the device] depending on how tight you hold it. A loose hold it makes like more bass/wide vibrations, a tighter grip and the tip is like higher pitch narrow frequencies. I just insert it under a cluster branch until it's touching and hold for a few seconds. On tomatoes, you can actually see the pollen falling off. I wipe between plants to avoid crossing.

Here, about half way down the page, "Tomato Pollinator" right after the grafting clips:

http://www.hydro-gardens.com/growsup1.htm

Hope this helps.
korney19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2010   #17
lumierefrere
Tomatovillian™

So the pepper I got last year that was such a marvelous color, pollinated and got fruit on it, looking very similar to the lovely F1. Just now I picked a fruit (is it a fruit?), the pepper, and at first I thought there were no seeds inside but upon looking very carefully, I found several tiny seeds smaller than flea beetles.

Would anyone like to take a stab at explaining what's going on since I know nothing about it.

Does the size of the pepper have any correlation with the size of the seeds? (These seeds don't seem right in any case.)

Barb
lumierefrere is offline   Reply With Quote